“Another NJ office park hotel”

DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I would rate this place as better than average but not quite very good. As usual, the bed was very comfy and the hhonors gift bag was nice but I had a couple of surprises in my room, namelya broken picture frame and a random fake eyelash in the bathroom. Everything else in the room was perfectly nice but attention to those details would have put this into the very good category.

One other suggestion, a small bottle of water would have been preferable to the different salty snacks in the guest bag. But the cookie was awesome. Nice touch!

• Stayed: June 2013
Ron C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank you for your comments. I do want to apologize for the items that were in your room that were not to standard. I have addressed this with my housekeeping team. I am glad to read that everything else was to your liking. And thank you for the suggestion. Thank you for choosing us and we hope to serve you again.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I went for a conference/exhibition in the hotel

Good:
- cookie :-)
- pleasant and friendly staff
- free parking (large parking lot)
- great rooms
- breakfast quality is good (if expensive)
- bar food is good and not TOO expensive
- location is good if you want to be in this area !!!

Bad:
- you would need a car to get around

Room Tip: This is a big hotel, I would go away from the lobby
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Ron C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your comments. They are much appreciated. I'm happy to see that there are many things you like about the hotel. We will continue to try hard to make your stays with us pleasant and comfortable. Thank you again.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Service from start to finish was great. No complaints. Location was ideal for our nearby meetings. Other than that, the building is old. I'm just guessing but it looks like it was built in the 70's. The interior has been maintained but the hotel needs some major upgrades to keep the Doubletree level of quality. It felt more like a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback. I do appreciate it. We always welcome guest comments, especially when ideas for renovations come up. We have just started these discussions so your feedback is helpful and timely. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

My experience was at Double Tree was great. I had no problems with checking in or checking out. The only small concern was the food. The food was acceptable but I thought the breakfast was a little pricey only because I'm not a big breakfast eater. Overall, my stay was pleasant and I look forward to booking more stays with Double Tree in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Ron C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Hello. Thank you for your comments and rating. I'm glad you enjoyed the property. For breakfast, if you prefer a smaller amount of food, we do offer a Continental at a lower price than full buffet, as well as A La Carte items off the menu. Thank you again.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stay in the hotel for a meeting and training working with Sanofi Pharma and the rooms were full of beds bugs please consider other hotel. I ask for room change and the hotel was full so no more rooms available

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Ron C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Hello. Thank you for your comments. I see that your sharing an experience for when you last stayed at the hotel in July 2012. I do apologize if you encountered an issue then. Since then, the hotel is under new management and they have taken precautionary steps to utilize the services of one of the top, if not the top, pest management control and elimination companies in the industry. I would trust that you would not encounter such an experience if you visited us again. Thank yo.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Over all my stay was decent. However the staff needs more training when dealing with large groups of guest and the hotel should be exterminated at least once a month especially during the summer and spring months.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello and thank you for your feedback. I do apologize that you were not provided the service that you expected. We recently have gone through some turnover in various departments due to some staff graduating from college. We will redouble our efforts to get our new staff up to speed as quickly as possible. In regards to pest elimination, we do have a highly regarded service treating our areas at least twice per month. If there was something in particular that you saw, please feel free to contact me at ron.czulada@hilton.com and let me know so that I may bring it to my vendors' attention. Thank you again.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

The Hotel is extremly intiving and comfortable. The staff is helpful and kind. The rooms are clean,roomy and comfortable. I will be making many trips within the next two years to the area, and although there are many hotels on the same " block" I wouldnt change due to the fact that I am very happy with DoubleTree by Hilton.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Ron C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you for your kind words and thank you for choosing us as your hotel of choice during your extended time visting the area. If there is anything that you may need to make your stay with us more comfortable, please do not hesitate to let any of our staff, or myself, know. Thank you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Somerset
Courtyard Somerset
Embassy Suites by Hilton Piscataway - Somerset
Residence Inn Somerset
Residence Inn Somerset
#6 of 16 in Somerset

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!