DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
Phoenix, United States
“Very Good”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Hotel was very nice however they only offer one King or two double beds - two queen beds work much better for families that are rooming together. The area is very nice as well, close to freeway entrance and lots of ammenities (there's a great nail salon about 1/2 mile away - Vie Voo Nails - excellent service and prices!)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Ron C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Marie D,

Thank you for your kind comments. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I have to let our staff know about the Vie Voo Nails Salon. Thanks for letting me know.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I am a motorcoach driver staying here on a tour and the staff are not helpfull or accommodating to large groups. Had to load and unload passengers / lugguage in the rain because cars were parked under canopy, in a fire lane and there is nothing the manager can do about it. I also returned from Manhattan late one evening with meal that the group had gotten for me, I asked if there was a microwave I could use or if the person at the front desk could
heat it up for a couple of minutes an was told that they have microwave but it is not for public use. When u have a group of 56 staying here the cannot make an exception? I would not reccomend this hotel for any large groups traveling by motorcoach. I will never stay here again!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am truly sorry that my staff did not take care of you as they should have. There may not have been anything we could have done in regards to the cars on the drive, but I'm sure that there is something we may have been able to do. In regards to the microwave use, we are not able to remove food from the guests sight. We should have pulled a microwave out for you and place in the lobby for your use. My apologies that did not occur. Thank you again for yuor feedback.
COLUMBUS OHIO
Reviewed May 17, 2013

OK - just for the record, this is clearly an 'event' type hotel & 'event' type hotels are usually found wanting....this one wasn't. This was was great!
Parking was easy...and FOC!
Check in was easy and pleasant
Room was '80's cheesy' refurbished & repainted but well laid out and comfortable.
The in-room aircon was noisy enough to drown out other sound from other rooms without keeping me awake which is always a neat trick.
Bed was comfy, pillows were usual hilton too soft crap.
Bathroom ok, adequate; beau-coup hot water...and the flow & temp reasonably constant.
(always a plus)
WiFi free to HHH members and fairly fast
I didn't use the restaurant.....i DID buy lunch at the pub which was surprisingly good and not too expensive. The banquet/event/conference facilities and catering were simply outstanding, and the front desk staff were simply tuned into being helpful and pleasant!
Anything i didn't like?
Well - the lobby has a revolving door entry that doesn't operate for any poor soul tugging a rollaboard bag and it needs fixing - with a sledgehammer, preferably. In fact i'd pay good money to come back and participate in that piece of 'renovation'.....and to the housekeeping lady, 'not now means not now!'
Aside from those small worries i enjoyed my stay.....will likely return next time my travels take me to Noith Joisey!
Travel Well!

Room Tip: I wouldn't choose any floor 3 or lower due to noise from ballroom, meeting areas etc.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Butlinz,

Thank you for your feedback and candid comments. I was very glad to read that your check in was easy, that the hotel layout suited your needs and that the WiFi was fast for you. Thank you for enjoying the TK's Pub. We do try to keep the bar food style menu fresh and tasty, as well as affordable. I will be sure to pass on your favorable comments to the banquet event and conference staff, as well as the front desk agents. Thank you very much for those comments. In regards to the items that need some attention, I will look into the revolving door and meet with my Housekeeping Director about your interaction with the housekeeping staff. I look forward to you staying with us again soon. Thank you.
newark de, United States
Reviewed May 9, 2013

the location and over look of the hotel is good but service is really bad billing and rates were not clear key for the room were not working properly and it stopped working twice during my stay which i have to get replaced it. and the attitude of the staff was really bad. they lack of training.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Nishith P,

I read your comments and I truly apologize for the issues that you encountered. This is by no means the service level expectations that I expect of my staff. I have addressed your items with the appropriate department heads for immediate correction. Thank you for sharing your experiences. My apologies again.

Travelers are raving about these Somerset hotels

Amsterdam, New York, United States
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

This is a very large clean nice Doubletree. My only issue was there was very little toilet paper left in the bathroom. Ago i almost tan out. Breakfast was good, a bit light around 830 am so get down earlier. They were working on filling it back up. Front desk was a very fast checkin. Overall, good stay.

• Stayed May 2013
Ron C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I was happy to read, that overall you enjoyed your stay. My apologies about running low on the toilet paper. I have spoken to my housekeeping staff. I have also met with my breakfast crew about your feedback with getting low on some breakfast items and not replenishing them quick enough. Thank you for that feedback and thank you for staying with us.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a typical doubletree, with amenities, helpful reception, large clean room, small clean bath room and very comfy bed, It's showing its age and wifi is very slow as the other reviewers pointed out. Furthermore, the standalone AC unit is loud, I had to turn it off to sleep so I won't want to stay there during the summer. And my room was close to the highway so there is a humming noise.

What I really did not like was the breakfast. I found the home fries too spicy, beacon too salty, sausage too fatty, and french toast too mushy. The only thing edible was the eggs. Try a new chef.

Room Tip: Stay in the wing away from the highway
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Charles02138
Thank you for your feedback. I do appreciate your time to share your experience. We are always looking for input on what guests would like to see improved or updated in the hotel. Through this feedback it was determined that increase WiFi speed and delivering a consistent signal was a priortity. We have completed our Meeting Room WiFi upgrade to 100 meg. We have started our improvement to guest room Wifi and we are targeting the end of May for completion. I have shared your comments on our breakfast with our Chef and we will work on improving this. Thank you again for your feedback and thank you for staying with us.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I thought DoubleTree was supposed to be real nice. This place seems like it was real nice 25 years ago. And hasn't been updated since then. It's huge, and has both a restaurant and bar which is nice when you are in town and don't feel like leaving the hotel. But this hotel is so old and worn that you will want to. Really surprised this passes as a DoubleTree. It needs some sersious work...yuck.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank frackit
Thank you for your feedback. I do appreciate your comments. We are always open to candid input on the state of the hotel. We will keep your comments in mind when the discussion of hotel improvements and needs arise. Thank you again and thank you for staying with us.