“Above and beyond expectations/Mark the mgr especially helpful” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center

DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
Twin Falls, Idaho
“Above and beyond expectations/Mark the mgr especially helpful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2011

Hurricane Irene forced me out of my beachside trailer so I bid on a hotel inland and got the Doubletree. (50$). First impression the hotel lobby and ground were beautiful. Ponds and walkways, beautiful tasteful artwork ect. Delicious cookies at check in. Room very nice with a fridge, crabtree and evelyn bath products, Wolfgang puck coffee and real liquid creamers, large flat screen TV.I would have liked a few more TV channels but good selection. Great pillow top beds and soft sheets. Very clean except a few tub hairs-I almost always see at least one in hotel tubs. There is a nice Italian restaurant and a pub serving lighter fare. Hit tub was not hot but had excellent jets (and by not being hot I lasted 90 minutes which was nice). Indoor pool is small but outside one is very big. Service was excellent. My room leaked (hurricane) and they moved me to another room and gave me breakie and dinner meal vouchers as an apology which was great. My friend was down the hall and she had a similar nice experience with her room. In all, the hotel lobby and halls looked like something from a 300+$ a night hotel, the rooms similarly high standards, and excellent amenities. It's near Rutgers and several restaurants and has a nice woodsy feel to it. The retail price is around 90 which is already an excellent value-getting it as a winning bid made it all the better:)

• Stayed August 2011
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DTSomerset, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
We hope your home and family made it through the storm without harm. Hurricane Irene caused issues for us all and your understanding was appreciated while we found alternate accommodations for you. It seems you were able to take advantage of and enjoy many of the amenities the Doubletree Somerset Hotel & Executive Meeting Center offers during your stay. Thank you for your review and we are happy we were able to provide you a comfortable place to weather the storm!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

I recently stay at the Double tree. The rooms are nice and clean. The employees there are very friendly. I booked via Priceline at a very cheap rate BTW they gave guests free cookies with nuts on it. Great stuff nice Hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DTSomerset, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
There’s nothing like getting a great deal to make your stay even better! The Doubletree Signature Cookies have been welcoming our guests for 25 years and we’re glad you enjoyed these treats that are baked fresh everyday at the hotel. Thank you for the great review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree Somerset Hotel & Executive Meeting Center!
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

As a Hilton HHonor member I stayed here before and was very pleased with the service and accomodations, So I was shocked how horrible this last stay was. We arrived late in the evening and were given a single bed for 3 peopleincluding a pregnant woman. There was only two towels. The manager on duty (young guy Saturday night 8/21/2011) claimed the hotel was overbooked and rooms available except for a wheelchair complaiant room. Not only that but the hotel was filled with obnoxous noisy guests. The next moring the manager (different older guy) said they had rooms so the other guy was lying.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
DTSomerset, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
As a previously satisfied guest at our hotel, it is disheartening to learn your experience was not equally as favorable as your last stay. We will do our best to hold rooms without notification of a late arrival and regret that we were not able to accommodate your group appropriately. We will review your comments with our staff to get a better understanding of what occurred. Thank you for bring this to our attention so that we may at minimum prevent this from happening again. We hope to regain your trust and welcome you once again to our hotel.

Travelers are raving about these Somerset hotels

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

Everyone at this hotel is friendly and helpfull. I was there for three days. I enjoyed the indoor and outdoor pools. the food in the restaurants were great. Other great restaurants in the area; New York is just few minutes away. I took the train to New York to enjoy the night live. GREAT PLACE- GREAT STAFF- GREAT RATE UNDER 150$ FOR FIVE STAR ACCOMODATION AND SERVICE

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your five star rating! It makes us very happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay at the Doubletree Somerset Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. Our proximity to New York City is one of our best features that can be enjoyed by business travelers and vacationers alike. Your kind compliments about our staff are appreciated and we hope we get to welcome you back soon!
Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

Let me first start by saying that I have never written a letter of complaint before. I am not one to make an issue out of things. However, after what I experienced this past weekend, I am forced to notify somebody. I visited the Doubletree in Somerset NJ on 8/12/11 through 8/14/11. I was part of a group of 15 families that visited this hotel this past weekend. I had been to this hotel many times in the past 7 years. I have never had any trouble prior to this past month.

On Saturday 8/13 I was sitting poolside enjoying my day with my family. At approximately 1:00PM I was approached by the hotel manager on duty named Marc. He came over to me and started explaining to me that the hotel policy was that if I left the pool area for more than 10 minutes, my seat would be taken and given to another guest. When I asked Marc why this policy was not listed as part of the rules and regulations of the pool, he could not answer me. I then asked him again to give me this policy in writing with his signature. He refused. He then told me that If I did not comply with this policy he would eject me and my family from the hotel. This disturbed me greatly. Furthermore, I noticed that he did not approach anybody else sitting at the pool area regarding this policy. This leads me to believe that he only tried to implement this policy on my group to discriminate against us since we are Jewish. There can be no other explanation as to why he would harass us. We were complying with every rule that was posted when we entered the pool area. There was no reason for Marc to approach me or even threaten me with ejection from the hotel. I did not yell or curse at him. All I did was voice my displeasure with what he stated to me. The fact that I was caused undue embarrassment in front of the entire pool area did not help the situation either. I do not think that Marc is qualified to deal with customers. He was quite confrontational and rude. I am surprised that such a fine establishment such as Hilton would promote such a rude, unpersonable employee to the management level.

Room Tip: ask for the 6th floor it is themost clean floor
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank solo l
DTSomerset, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
As a hotel which prides itself on diversity and multi-culturalism, your comments have come as an incredible shock to us and an accusation which we take extremely serious. Discriminating practices and prejudice is not tolerated at all at our establishment.

We implemented an addition to our pool policy when we received complaints from other guests at the lack of courtesy of those reserving chairs with towels while visiting other areas of the hotel. In order to remain fair to all of our guests, regardless of race, religion, creed or sexual orientation, the policy now reads ‘All unattended outdoor pool seats will be turned over to available guests if not attended to within 10 min. The pool attendant will remove the towels and make it available to other patrons.’

We encourage our guests to reach out to management during their stay should they have any issues that should be addressed immediately. It is unfortunate that we were not given this opportunity with your situation.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

Pro: cheap rooms!!! Cons: They were not at all accomadating. In our reservation i made it very clear that a fridge was needed for medical purposes. When we got there no refrigerator avail. The next day on the way to pool someone from maintenance opened a door and behind that door layed at least 20 refrigerators. When I brought this up to front desk. They were extremely arrogant and told me that I should of took one. I believe the guy's name was mike or Matt. The a.c. In the room is unbearable because it can't be controlled. Settings are high, higher, highest and on fan. There is barely any ice in machines on ANY floors. Remember I was carrying medicine well there wasn't enough ice in the place to keep things cool. Btw found a working and empty refrigerator on the 2 floor hallway by the exit. It was there for over day before I realized that it not being used. Never once did we get a cookie. Hallways smelled for days from rotting food and baby poop in garbage can. Hotel ran out of clean towels. HELLO we never got a cookie. What a debacle!

Room Tip: Keep air on 66, low fan. That's the least bare able
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
DTSomerset, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
We apologize for any inconveniences you experienced. We are quite surprised at the comments you shared, as we always try to accommodate all the needs of our guests. Your review is being shared with our management team to further discuss the areas you encountered issues. Thank you for sharing your comments.
Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

for 79$ a nite, we were treated like royalty!! what a great deal, perfect room, nice pool and breakfast, free bottled water, cookie, chips, movie. All of this for 79$. Went there on the way to North Carolina so only there one nite.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We want all our guests to feel like royalty! That is wonderful compliment, thank you. We are so glad that you found such great value at the Doubletree Somerset Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back next time you are in NJ!