“great place to stay”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I had a great time at this hotel. I stayed for less than $200. This hotel is in a nice location. They have a gym and breakfast in the lobby. The beds were plush and comfortable. I stayed for one night and breakfast in the morning hit the spot. Then I spent an hour in the gym preparing for my day.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Moody G
Comfort290, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us!
We appreciate your feedback and are glad you enjoyed our Truly Yours Bedding.
Hope you come back soon!
Happy Holidays!

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during renovations when it was the Hampton Inn. The nice new look also combines comfort and cleanliness. Like others, I think the front desk staff are all especially attentive and friendly. Esfrain, often at the front desk in the afternoons, always has a pleasant "hello" when I arrive at the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Craig F
Comfort290, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Thank you for your review!
We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I travel for business frequently to Somerset NJ. I found this hotel on an internet search with many good reviews. I visited the location and was received warmly by the general manager who graciously fulfilled my request to view a room prior to my decision to check-in. A staff member promptly accompanied me to a room similar to my requirements of which I found clean, fresh and comfortable. I booked the room and enjoyed the new carpet, the comfy bed and the level of accommodation details right down to the selection differing firmness of pillows offered. Oh and then when I asked where I could find an authentic Mexican restaurant, Luis the general manager, pointed me to a superb local restaurant. Next morning, free breakfast…grab, go and get off to business! Good price, great staff, nice room. I am returning again next week. … Steve P.

Room Tip: No restaurant at this hotel, but lots of local eateries nearby if you just ask the staff.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Comfort290, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us!

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay! Thanks for commenting on our staff we take pride in our work and want to make sure your stay is great. Looking forward for your return next week, until than safe travels!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have stayed at the Hampton inn that used to be here before. But now since they have changed to Comfort Inn and suites the quality and services has not changed. After the recent renovations the quality and services has become excellent. The complementary breakfast is always fresh and served hot. It's a MUST STAY place to go!

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank KennyG08
Comfort290, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate all feedback to help us improve. Glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back real soon! Safe Travels

Reviewed October 27, 2013

This hotel was a nice place to stay. Clean, relaxing, nice breakfast and Ruby Tuesdays was across the street. The staff was nice and very helpful during entire 2 night stay. They treated you as if they were there for you and not as if you were a bother. My only complaint was the chairs were very outdated and some were stained. The bed however; the best! COMFORTABLE!!!! I had 3 rooms with queen beds and requested that all rooms were together but because they didn't have 3 rooms with queen beds together we were all given rooms with KING size beds!! What a wonderful thing that was for them to do for us. My parents who had never slept on a king size were extremely happy and very pleased.................so thanks to the staff for that wonderful surprise for them. I would definitely stay in this location again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rissa k
Comfort290, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

We thank you for your review, It is our pleasure to have you stay with us. I'm really glad you enjoyed your upgrade to the king beds. Come back soon and try one of our King Suites! Safe Travels.

Kinds Regards,
The Comfort Inn Staff

Reviewed October 25, 2013

This recently converted Comfort Inn & Suites was just the right price for a quick business stay. The staff was especially helpful and kind. I have no true complaints about my stay. Esfrain, the front desk agent, was very accommodating and hospitable during check-in, as well as throughout my stay. The room was spacious; the sofa, chairs, and carpeting were a bit dated, but for the price paid, this hotel provided very good value. It offers a cold and hot breakfast in the morning, and although not extravagant, very filling. Also, plenty of parking!

Room Tip: Suites offer a micro fridge and wet bar area with a separate bedroom.
1  Thank CseeitAlL

Thanks for your review! Glad you enjoyed your King Suite, I will thank my front desk agent for the great service provided. Hope you come back and visit soon!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stay here at least 2 times a year for conventions and every time I do, I get sick. This time took the cake. I thought I was in a Halloween themed room. The drapes were shredded, there were fingernail marks scraped into the wall and of course the usual mold in the peeling tub.

This is a converted Hampton Inn and Suites. The sign out front says "newly refurbished". They have new carpet in the public areas and new signage and different linens, not the Hampton ones. The furniture in the rooms and lobby is still the old, stained stuff that's been there for years. There are unknown stains, burn holes, etc in the chairs and sofa beds in the guest rooms.

The breakfast is half of what they used to offer. They do not update the hot food so if you sleep in a little don't expect anything but a dried up bagel.

The staff is nice and will go out of their way to get you extra towels, pillows, toiletries, etc.

The board of health should visit and check out the air filtration system and find out why people get sick when they stay there.

Room Tip: I sleep with the windows open and it seems to cut down on the migraines and allergens coming out of...
1  Thank TravelKitty11