Clarion Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
AVE Somerset(Somerset)
Courtyard Somerset(Somerset)
View Hotel
All reviewsnice roomeasy accessrooms were very cleanbusiness triphootersexpresswaytvs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Husband and I were traveling from NC to Boston. We travel for our job and accumulate lots of points with every hotel chain. So I was looking to make the most out of the points we had.
I was lucky to find the La Quinta in Somerset NJ since I only had 8153 points and it was only 8000 points. What a great deal! I reserved a double smoking but when we checked in, they didnt have one. The desk attendant upgraded us to a king suite smoking at no additional charge.
The hotel also houses a restuarant/bar so we decided to check it out. Lucky us, it was happy hour which meant half priced drinks and free food! It was delicious. Italian chicken with pepper and onions and spices and penne pasta. Saved us dinner money.
The next morning, breakfast was also included with our room. Coffee was excellent and they serve "real" eggs and had "real" dishes and flatware. (Eating out of paper plates with plastic sporks gets old after a while).
The only complaint would be the orange juice was too watered down tasting. I'm sure if we had of mentioned that, it probably would have been fixed immediately. But we didn't because everything else was so nice, figured they had to cut costs somewhere.
Oh, another really nice gesture was that about 15 minutes after you get into your room, the front desk makes a courtesy call to make sure your room if of your liking.
We didin't use the heated indoor pool but it looked very nice. I did use one of the two computers in the business office and it worked very well. However, there is no paper in the printer or big xerox copy machine. I asked for paper and was told the computer sends the copies to the printer at the front desk now.
With La Quinta being our favorite hotel chain, we were especially pleased with the service and comfort we received from Somerset NJ.

Room Tip: I never have a problem with road noise...I run the fan/ac/heater on continuous fan all night. Sleep like a baby!!
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Where to Begin... The bathrrom was dirty one of the two phones didn't work, The front desk person was rude, the workout facility had 9 pieces of equpment but only 2 worked the sauna didn't work, the bathroom shower faucet leaked the room smelled the elevator smelled.

The breakfast was ok... Scrambled eggs and hashed browns and a waffle maker. The rest is continantal. But it's not enough to bring this up to anything but a one star facility. Stay at your own risk.

The walls are paper thin... YOu can everything going on everywhere and the doors that connect to an adjoining room the should be locked are 2-3 inches above the ground. AT night if the person in the next room has their lights on it will come into your dark room... You can't make it up!! Doors that don't go to the ground.... unreal.

Room Tip: Don't go!
A TripAdvisor Member
Randolph, New Jersey, USA
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Great place!!! In every aspect including Soho Lounge!!! The only thing it needs is a jacuzzi and new sauna!! Pool is nice!! Great breakfast!!! They should add lunch and dinner. I would stay there again!!! Specially on a Friday night for Latin nights!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip recently. I got the best deal per night by booking through a travel site such as tripadvisor. I guess my only negative review for this hotel would be that when I called them directly to book a room, their pricing was $40 more a night than a website. I did explain that on a travel website the rate was different and they just asked me to book through the site instead of just matching the online price. The staff on the phone and in person were very nice and very helpful. Once I arrived at the hotel and got to my room, I was pleased. It was roomy, clean, and the bed was really comfortable. My co-workers did use the indoor heated pool and enjoyed that night. The following morning we had breakfast which was included in our room price and it was good. The coffee at breakfast was very good which is always something that makes me happy. COFFEE!!! YAY!!! I would recommend this hotel to everyone and I would definitely stay here again.

A La Quinta traveler