“WONDERFUL STAY” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
Paterson, New Jersey
“WONDERFUL STAY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

Me & My husband checked in for a 1 night stay the room was spacious & beautiful and clean the bed was comfortable the staff was great the restaurant was nice the food was very good. We are planning to go back for a weekend stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
New Brunswick, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2012

My husband and I just came back today from a weekend church retreat at La Quinta. The retreat was wonderful, but La Quinta, aside from the friendly staff, was AWFUL! I'm a very clean and hygienic person, and the entire weekend, I didn't want to touch anything because I was so grossed out! When my husband and I checked into our room, it smelled horrible, like stale cigarette smoke, and there was a huge, old, dirty sofa next to the window, that looked like it belonged in a Motel 6! I was so disturbed that I contemplated checking out that same night and just coming back the next morning to attend the classes for the retreat. Well, we decided to stay. After showering and getting ready the next morning, my husband and I left the room for the day, anticipating that we would come back to a freshly cleaned room. Not so! They didn't even mop the bathroom floor or clean the sink & tub, and the carpet had not been vacuumed! All they did was lift the toilet seat and bring two new bath towels - no soap, hand towels or washcloths! I was so appalled that I almost complained to the front desk, until I spoke with many others at the retreat who experienced the same things. That confirmed for me that this hotel has very low standards of cleanliness and service, and/or they can't afford the upkeep. The poor service continued throughout the weekend - they even ran out of half & half for the coffee! I've never heard of that happening at any hotel where I've stayed. Please - if you care about your health and want a pleasant and relaxing stay, DO NOT choose this hotel! But if you must stay there, make sure you are armed with shower shoes, anti-bacterial wipes and Lysol disinfectant spray!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Egondu B
saleslaquintanj, Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
I would first like to sincerely apologize, not only from myself, but from the entire staff here at The La Quinta. I assure you that your stay is not typical of our guests experience. You had mentioned in your comments that you were going to speak to the front desk about your issues. This is so important for not only your individual stay but it helps so much for other guests’ future stays. To use the old saying, 'If I don't know what is broke I can't fix it.' We are always trying to improve our property and this comment you posted with help me to do that, so thank you for your comments and if you ever give us another chance I feel confident that you will have a better experience.

Bill Muench

Travelers are raving about these Somerset hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2011

We were a large group, noisey in the hotel and hence lots of demands!
They couldn't do enough to satisfy us, always with a smile. The staff so friendly, no matter what time of the day.
Rooms, so comfortable, clean, spacious.... Perfect!

• Stayed July 2011
Bridgewater, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2011

This place is a joke. I stayed at the hotel recently because of the price and the remodel. I figured it can't be bad. I was wrong. The staff is clueless and the place is dirty. Spend the money and stay somewhere else! I cant believe this place got any positive reviews! Must be the owners family!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank Susan G
saleslaquintanj, Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Susan,

I sincerely apologize for any issues you had with your stay. We have absolutely improved the property from the past and we get better every day. If you can contact me at the property it would be very helpful to me to know specifically what issues you had. As they say 'I can't fix it unless I know what is broke.'

Thank you for your review and I hope we will be in touch.

Bill
Newark, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2011

I had the privilege of staying here for two weeks while I made the move for California to New Jersey. The room was newly renovated and was comfortable and modern. The flat screen TV plus quick WiFi Internet connection gave me all the in room entertainment I needed. The bed was incredibly cozy and combined with the quiet, relaxed atmosphere of the hotel totally reinvigorated me after my 3000 mile trip. I hadn't even realized it was a pet friendly hotel because you'd never know from the freshness of the rooms. Towards the end of my stay the hotel filled to capacity due to the power outages from the storm. Even so, service levels never faltered and the staff stayed on top of everything. Having a hot, fresh breakfast each day was a huge bonus. The staff really cared about making me not just feel at home, but to be at home!

Room Tip: Just ask... the staff is making all the difference!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Brad C
saleslaquintanj, Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2011
Thanks so much for your positive feedback. You are alway welcome back 'Home!'
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

We lost power due to the storm. This is one of the few hotels that gladly accepts dogs. We have been here for 5 days and I would stay here again in a heartbeat. The staff has been unbelievably helpful and pleasant. The hotel is clean and well kept. Kudos to the management and workers here...they have made a difficult situation much more pleasant.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank dnsmcklr
Thank you so much for your kind feedback. We really love hearing you had a great stay. Here at La Quinta we really do try to be the most pet-friendly property around. So after reading your review it makes us proud that our policies have such a positive impact.

Thanks again for staying with us.
Long Branch, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2011

Hotel staff was very curtious and generous. I read the past reviews, and its just isn't what I'm experiencing. Hallways are extra clean, Anything you need from the front desk, consider it Done in a flash. There's an attached bar/restaurant on the bar. I figure it's hotel owned. but nothing but the best food there, and the prices are great. The girl behind the bar is very nice, and this goes for everyone at the hotel itself, they're always smiling, and making sure you're being taken care of.. Im a loyal LaQuinta Reward member, and this hotel lives up to the chains expectations, High quality sleep, with high quality service.. So i give LaQuinta in Somerset, NJ an A++

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank ITravelALOT614
saleslaquintanj, Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2011
Thank you so much for your positive comments. We are always continuing to be better. I hope we will see you again soon.

Bill
Also consider these accommodations in or near Somerset
Comfort Inn & Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater
HYATT house Bridgewater
HYATT house Bridgewater
#1 of 6 in Bridgewater

Been to Clarion Hotel? Share your experiences!