“good services” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“good services”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stayed at the Econo Lodge in Somerset New Jersey. I had a wonderful experience. The maids are very helpful and keep the rooms very clean. The front desk is vey friendly. I reccommend for everyone who is looking for a Hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
steven p, Manager at Econo Lodge Somerset, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
We would like to thank you for your comments. Me and my staff appreciate your positve response .Hopeing you continue to stay with us when your in town. Thank you. Steven.P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

My wife and I visited this EconoLodge on a trip to visit family. We were at this hotel for about a week. The hotel is extremely dated with worn carpeting, furniture, bedding and so on. The room was cleaner than the common areas but not by much. There was a breakfast but we didn’t try it so I cannot comment on that. We also didn’t use the pool area.

My biggest issue with this hotel is their billing and poor customer service. When we checked in, our card was charged the amount of our stay. Although this is an Econo Lodge, the charges are for a Quality Inn. At some point the charges were reversed or the hold was released but the funds were not recharged to the card. This went un-noticed by my wife and I until 5 months later when the full amount was withdrawn from our account without notice.

This caused many issues for us with other bills not being clear due to the charges. I contacted the hotel to see what happened and was told by the manager that it wasn’t the hotel that did it and to check with my bank. I called the bank and was informed that the charges were in fact withdrawn by the hotel. I called the manager of the hotel back and explained to him what the bank told me. His response was basically “sorry but I guess that can happen”. When I explained my frustration and that we would not be staying at that location again, his response was “well I told you I was sorry but that wasn’t good enough for you so I guess if that’s how you feel, so be it.”.

I absolutely wasn’t looking for something for nothing but after 5 months has passed, you should at least get a phone call to discuss payment.

Even if you are looking for somewhere cheap to stay, I would really recommend staying at another location in town. This hotel really is "you get what you pay for" quality.

Room Tip: loud banquet room in front of hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
steven p, General Manager at Econo Lodge Somerset, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
We would like to thank you for your response.We are sorry for the problem you had with billing.We are taking this up with that department to make sure this does not happen again thanking you in advance .Steve.P

Travelers are raving about these Somerset hotels

pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

We checked in around 7 pm and the young gentleman at the front desk was very friendly and informative of the area. Room was very clean and quiet. Excellent value for the money. Will be staying there again next week as I travel through the area again. Breakfast was good. We plan the utilize the pool next visit. Very large pool and fitness area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
steven p, General Manager at Econo Lodge Somerset, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
On behalf of my staff thank you for your positive response.We look forward to you staying with us again thank you steve.p
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

I was driving through Somerset, NJ on business and decided to check out the Econo Lode Hotel. Although, I only stayed for one night (and used the coupon rate)… the service was incredible. Rooms were very clean, management was very helpful, and the the stay was enjoyable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We would like to thank you for staying with us and for the positive response thank you steve.p
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

The breakfast is extremly spartan, and consists of barely edible white bread bagels, corn muffins and cheap . The juice was drinkable however not the coffee. Easy stay this was not. The laundry dryers did not work. The pool and fitness center are not part of the hotel, rather a separately owned club that they reluctantly give guest passes to. When we went to bathe there was no hot water. They tried to bilk extra money from us claiming tour payment did not go through even though it did making us lose valuable time from our stay. Some staff were extremely hospitable and others downright uptight and annoying such as the day clerk who was very rude calling our room incessantly asking us to extend our brief stay with a whining Baby Jane whisky voice, yet unable to operate the hotels computer system without high drama on a Sunday. They upcharged our second night during a snowstorm. Basically wo
rking clean rooms and comfortable beds fridge, no microwave...a glorified flop house at best. The area is stressful driving with unending road work and hote
l access can be difficult.
The rates are a little high
for very simple accomodations. The ambiance
is a bit dowdy leaning toward apathy and unpredictability.
No business center.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
steven p, Manager at Econo Lodge Somerset, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
We would like thank you for your response. We are sorry we didnt meet your standards .WE will take this up with our staff so these problems dont happen again We at the econolodge strive to give the highest standard . ..very trulys yours steve p.
Springfield Gardens, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

This was my third or fourth visit to this wonderful hotel. Great for the family too my kids love the pool! The beds are always perfect. Many Thanks to Steve P. and the staff for keeping this great hotel great!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
steven p, General Manager at Econo Lodge Somerset, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
We would like to thank you for your positive response. We are glad you continue to stay with us from time to time. very truly yours. Steven P.
Somerset, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

My friend was having a party at the club next door, so I decided to book a room so I don't have to drink and drive. The rooms were big and clean. TV and furniture could be updated, but besides that it was a good room for the price. Rooms do need more light.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
steven p, General Manager at Econo Lodge Somerset, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
We would like to thank you for your positive response .We strive to provide our guests with the highest standards of service. Very trulys yours steven pins.