“Very good stay!”

Econo Lodge Somerset
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I was driving through Somerset, NJ on business and decided to check out the Econo Lode Hotel. Although, I only stayed for one night (and used the coupon rate)… the service was incredible. Rooms were very clean, management was very helpful, and the the stay was enjoyable.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
steven p, General Manager at Econo Lodge Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

We would like to thank you for staying with us and for the positive response thank you steve.p

Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

The breakfast is extremly spartan, and consists of barely edible white bread bagels, corn muffins and cheap . The juice was drinkable however not the coffee. Easy stay this was not. The laundry dryers did not work. The pool and fitness center are not part of the hotel, rather a separately owned club that they reluctantly give guest passes to. When we went to bathe there was no hot water. They tried to bilk extra money from us claiming tour payment did not go through even though it did making us lose valuable time from our stay. Some staff were extremely hospitable and others downright uptight and annoying such as the day clerk who was very rude calling our room incessantly asking us to extend our brief stay with a whining Baby Jane whisky voice, yet unable to operate the hotels computer system without high drama on a Sunday. They upcharged our second night during a snowstorm. Basically wo
rking clean rooms and comfortable beds fridge, no microwave...a glorified flop house at best. The area is stressful driving with unending road work and hote
l access can be difficult.
The rates are a little high
for very simple accomodations. The ambiance
is a bit dowdy leaning toward apathy and unpredictability.
No business center.

• Stayed: December 2013
steven p, Manager at Econo Lodge Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

We would like thank you for your response. We are sorry we didnt meet your standards .WE will take this up with our staff so these problems dont happen again We at the econolodge strive to give the highest standard . ..very trulys yours steve p.

Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

This was my third or fourth visit to this wonderful hotel. Great for the family too my kids love the pool! The beds are always perfect. Many Thanks to Steve P. and the staff for keeping this great hotel great!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
steven p, General Manager at Econo Lodge Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

We would like to thank you for your positive response. We are glad you continue to stay with us from time to time. very truly yours. Steven P.

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

My friend was having a party at the club next door, so I decided to book a room so I don't have to drink and drive. The rooms were big and clean. TV and furniture could be updated, but besides that it was a good room for the price. Rooms do need more light.

• Stayed: November 2013
steven p, General Manager at Econo Lodge Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

We would like to thank you for your positive response .We strive to provide our guests with the highest standards of service. Very trulys yours steven pins.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I'm a consultant and travel all the time. What a surprise! Clean & orderly. Fantastic service. The front desk calls me by name. Great location also, right off 287. I highly recommend this little gem. Did I mention the Christmas Tree in December? Nice touch.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
steven p, General Manager at Econo Lodge Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

We would like to thank you for your positive response. We strive to provide our guests with the highest standards of service and accommodations.Very truly yours Steve P.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I wanted to add my review because most of the review posted were not recent. I stayed at this Econo Lodge for two nights, Saturday and Sunday evening. I made my reservation online was quoted a price which was honored with no problems. My check-in was smooth, and my room was ready. The section of the hotel where my room was located was older, the sheets and towels were fresh not worn. If I had a complaint it would be that the A/C heater was loud when it ran. I found it difficult to get a good nights sleep until I turned the unit off. Other than that, my rest was pretty good. I would use this location again. Not the best hotel, but clean and comfortable. A good value for the money

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
steven p, General Manager at Econo Lodge Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

We would like to thank you for your comments.The econolodge family strives to provide the highest quality and standards .We apologize for the inconvenience you had. We are addressing that problem with our maintenance department.. Very yours truly steve.pins gm

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was traveling through Somerset NJ about two weeks ago and stopped at Econo Lodge. When I called the 800 number, I was quoted a price and decided to pay when I got there rather than leave a credit card number. I was pleasantly surprised upon arrival when they found a room at an even lower price quoted.
The room was ok, clean. The continental breakfast was nice before heading on the road again.
Fast forward two weeks later, when I realize I cant find my laptop anywhere!!! Sure enough, I contacted the hotel and they were holding it for me. They are boxing it up for me, Fed Ex will be there tomorrow to pick up.
I am so happy to report that this hotel has honest employees with good intentions. After a few calls to staff and Manager, I want to thank them for their integrity!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dawn N
steven p, General Manager at Econo Lodge Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

We would like to thank you for your positive response. Very truly yours steven pins