“A five star hotel at an unbeatable price.”

Holiday Inn Somerset-Bridgewater
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
Reviewed July 23, 2010

My stay at the Holiday Inn Somerset-Bridgewater was fantastic. The staff is wonderful and the rooms are clean and spacious. The rooms are very affordable. The other plus about this particular hotel is its staff's attentiveness to the individual's needs. If you are in this area, I suggest you stay in this Holiday Inn. I have stayed in many hotels around this vicinity and found this one to be the best overall. The price, the people, the rooms, and the ambiance are very inviting. I give this hotel 5 stars....

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Somerset-Bridgewater

Reviewed July 23, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed for the weekend and we had much fun. The pool was clean and refreshing. The rooms were extremely clean and relaxing. We stay at the Somerset Holiday Inn very often. My favorite part of the room is sleeping on the bed, It's fluffy, soft and comfortable. The food is also very nice at the bar they have downstairs. The hotel is located near great restaurants and nightlight which is in New Brunswick, nj. I deff. recommend to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed July 21, 2010

Live roaches. In broad daylight. In the lobby. Pity, otherwise a lovely room.

Front desk clerk had some cultural challenges - hint - if the woman in the party is the one who made the reservation and whose credit card is being handed to you, do not only speak to and look at the man. Very offensive.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 19, 2010

Pros:
- room was clean overall
- check in went smoothly
Cons:
-the site does NOT tell you that microwaves nor fridges are included, you must rent them, $10 for each per night
-no complimentary breakfast
-the "FREE" shuttle buses are suppose to be reserved, but they also don't mention this on the site nor was it mentioned when we called the front desk to ask about how frequently it ran.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2010

To be honest I had reservations at the Marriott Courtyard up the street because of a really low ($62.00) online special. I should of known better because a rate that low brings in the locals - Saturday night is party night. Anyway I walked into the lobby only to find eight people lined up at the checkin stand, thats right a stand, not a counter. I ran for the hills. I went across the street to Hampton Inn only to find two buses parked and a stretch limo - maybe a "wedding" so I sped away down to the Holiday Inn. The main reason I was hesitant was the reviews on this site and the fact they accept pets. Well to be honest I made a good choice. The walk in rate was $89 for a king room. Of course I didn't have my Priority Club card number, but the lady behind the counter found it for me. I also received coupons for a free Starbucks beverage and a $5.00 coupon for anything I wanted in the bar. My room was on the 4th floor of this huge hotel. Everything was in working order, and the free internet was available either wired or wireless. TV selections were ok, not that it matters much to me. Pay movies are available also. As the review below mine stated, there is no Microwave/refridge combo in the room which is a mistake on this hotels part. Most all mid-priced hotels have them. I mean the room was big enough to support it. My bed was very comfortable, and I also enjoyed the easy chair with ottoman. The bathroom had a heat lamp, tub with a skid resistant mat and full preasure shower. My room was quiet, I like the precast cement rooms - you know when you knock on the wall you hurt your knuckles!! Anyway I'm sure the pets stay on the ground floor and there are 2 six story wings and plenty fo parking and walking space in the rear. The hotel also has at least 10 ballrooms, a restaurant and sports bar. I didn't eat here this time, but noticed they had a breakfast buffet for $9.00. I just want to add that since I use to live in the area that this Holiday Inn is original, meaning it hasn't been rebranded as some other older hotels were. The Crowne Plaza use to be a Marriott, and the Doubletree was a Hilton Hotel. The next time Im in the area my choice will be the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 9, 2010

I stayed here a lot these the past 12 months. My last review was about a year ago and needs updating. At that time of my last review they had just upgraded the beds and bedding (which is outstanding). Usually this is followed by a general room upgrade. A year later the same furniture, carpet and TV remain (old 27' tube TV with limited programing). All are not not in terrible shape but are really showing their age.

Staff remains friendly and accomindating. NO problems there. Sorry to see Beverly is not there anymore. She was great! Maid service has improved. I no longer find the hallways dirty or carts from room service left out for extended periods of time.

Th biggest problem is the 10.00 per day per item charge for a microwave or mini fridge This really is a bad policy. Even the dive motels provide these for free. Cheap toiletress and no continental breakfast are also negatives.. At a published rate of 97.00 (Satuday wth tax) their is no value compared to the neighboring hotels. You can book The Staybridge Suites or Candlewood suites for the same price and get a larger room equiped with a kitchenette. Staybridge is the better of the two and offers free breafast every day and dinner 3 nights a week. Laundry machines are free @ both. If you book the Holiday Inn through name you own price @ priceline.com (45-55 total) then it becomes a good deal if you do not need the appliances.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 25, 2010

From check- in to check-out this hotel worked for us. We were only there one night to visit friends so we didn't see much of it but, the room was spacious, well laid out so that it was easy to walk around or use their wifi or hard wire internet conection. Rather than having to squeeze in between bed and table.
The downside during our stay - the shower was cold. Aparently the boiler required attention and nobody had told reception by 8.30am ? Considering there were three others at reception on check-out complaining about the same thing their offer of another room to shower in seemed rather improbable. Overall it didn't spoil oue visit it was just one of those things.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple