“Clean & comfortable but lacks value”

Holiday Inn Somerset-Bridgewater
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“Clean & comfortable but lacks value”
Reviewed April 9, 2010

I stayed here a lot these the past 12 months. My last review was about a year ago and needs updating. At that time of my last review they had just upgraded the beds and bedding (which is outstanding). Usually this is followed by a general room upgrade. A year later the same furniture, carpet and TV remain (old 27' tube TV with limited programing). All are not not in terrible shape but are really showing their age.

Staff remains friendly and accomindating. NO problems there. Sorry to see Beverly is not there anymore. She was great! Maid service has improved. I no longer find the hallways dirty or carts from room service left out for extended periods of time.

Th biggest problem is the 10.00 per day per item charge for a microwave or mini fridge This really is a bad policy. Even the dive motels provide these for free. Cheap toiletress and no continental breakfast are also negatives.. At a published rate of 97.00 (Satuday wth tax) their is no value compared to the neighboring hotels. You can book The Staybridge Suites or Candlewood suites for the same price and get a larger room equiped with a kitchenette. Staybridge is the better of the two and offers free breafast every day and dinner 3 nights a week. Laundry machines are free @ both. If you book the Holiday Inn through name you own price @ priceline.com (45-55 total) then it becomes a good deal if you do not need the appliances.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Korean first
Aveiro, Portugal
Reviewed March 25, 2010

From check- in to check-out this hotel worked for us. We were only there one night to visit friends so we didn't see much of it but, the room was spacious, well laid out so that it was easy to walk around or use their wifi or hard wire internet conection. Rather than having to squeeze in between bed and table.
The downside during our stay - the shower was cold. Aparently the boiler required attention and nobody had told reception by 8.30am ? Considering there were three others at reception on check-out complaining about the same thing their offer of another room to shower in seemed rather improbable. Overall it didn't spoil oue visit it was just one of those things.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
chicago-midway airport
Reviewed March 6, 2010

When I checked in to the hotel I asked for breakfast coupon and Vaishali Patel told me that I can't have a breakfast coupon because I paid too low of a rate. Proceeding with my check in I knew that the smoking floor was on the 3rd floor, So I asked for a higher floor to be away from the cigarette smoke because I am allergic to it, she told me that I could only stay on the 4Th floor because those rooms have double beds, because I paid such a low rate that's why I could only stay on the 4Th floor. I told her I am travelling by myself what's the different, So I went up to my room look at the priceline website, saw that they have a shuttle bus service, So I called down to the front desk and asked at 7 AM if I could get a ride to the CROWN PLAZA 3 blocks away and she told me that the shuttle bus was only available for company business. I said what company business and she said for guests and customers of the hotel, and I said what am I,and she said I'm not their customer coz I'm priceline's customer. So had to make many phone calls to get a ride 3 blocks away in a shuttle bus, So if you are a priceline customer do not stay here coz you will not be happy.

P'S:

I stay in over a 100 priceline hotel rooms a year and very happy but not this time....

Norman from Chicago

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Somerset hotels

VA
Reviewed November 24, 2009

During the second night of our stay, we were kept awake by the barking of a dog in the next room. We called the front desk twice at 1:30 AM and 3:45 AM to report the disturbance, but in spite of the desk calling that room, the dog continued to bark through the night.

In the morning, I asked "Binnoy" to remove the room charges for that night from our bill, since we had been so badly disturbed. He did so promptly and courteously, and apologized for the disturbance. (In fact, the charges for our room were added to the bill of the room with the dog.) His handling of this issue means that we will certainly consider staying at this Holiday Inn in future; we will, however, ask to be accommodated far from any pets!

Note to pet owners--while this property is "pet friendly", they do not tolerate bad behavior.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
upsate NY
Reviewed September 8, 2009

Some Holiday Inn properties show their age, but this one is very well maintained and up to date, Our stay was comfortable and most important to us; quiet. All aspects of our stay were handled quickly and efficiently; from reservations to chek out. I have spent more than twice what I spent on this stay at other places and not had nearly as good an experience. I will definately stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DogShow_12
northern va, usa
Reviewed July 3, 2009

This review reflects the second time we stayed at this hotel, both times booked through priceline. The first time we stayed we were very pleased, so we were thrilled to stay here again, 10 months after our inital stay. The lobby was beautiful. But in the end, who cares about the lobby. I should have known what was in store for us because the hallway leading up to the room on the second floor was absolutely filthy. It was late and we were tired and with 2 young children. The room looked very nice and large. When I pulled back the sheets to get the first bed ready for the kids, I saw a wet spot (and a long black hair). I was hoping it wouldn't smell, hoping for water. My parents always had dogs, so I recognized the smell right away. The room smelled like pet urine and I was starting to get itchy eyes and sneezing after a few minutes in the room. We asked for another room...the lady at the front desk did not even apologize. She put us on the 5th floor...the hallways were immediately cleaner, and the carpeting in the room was cleaner too. It smelled faintly of pets though...but not as horrible as the first room on the second floor. Very disappointed. By the way, I am a huge animal lover...these rooms have not been cleaned properly. I have 2 cats and my house does not and will not smell like cats. I would only recommend this hotel to somebody traveling with pets.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank elyxsia
Syracuse, NY
Reviewed June 23, 2009

I only stayed in this hotel overnight, but it was pretty good. As a Priority Rewards member, I recieved a goodie bag upon arrival plus some discounts for breakfast and the hotel bar/resturant. I didn't use any of the discounts (I was tired when I arrived and had to leave early for a breakfast meeting) but it was a nice touch. The room was the perfect size with an uber comfy bed, plenty of space to work, and a strong WiFi connection. The room also had a power strip, so there were plenty of plugs which can sometimes be hard to find in hotel rooms. The room and bathroom were also clean and spotless - always a good thing.

My only gripe - it was a pain to find off the highway... but then again, I hate driving in NJ and could have missed the turn due to personal driving angst and exhaustion. :-) I'd certainly stay there again if I'm ever in the area, and highly recommend it to fellow business travelers.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank LauraLovesZippy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Somerset
DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center
Candlewood Suites Somerset
Candlewood Suites Somerset
#9 of 16 in Somerset
Fairfield Inn & Suites Somerset

Been to Holiday Inn Somerset-Bridgewater? Share your experiences!