All reviews holiday inn room was clean power strip rooms are small visiting family rutgers university ballroom banquet television
Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

Given the expectations I went into this stay with, I would say The Fairbridge overdelivered. Nothing out of this world by any stretch but you could do worse. I know, as I was down here for the same soccer tournament last year and we did worse, much worse actually.

Given what I have seen in the area the pool is on the high end of the local offerings so if that is high on your list then move this up a few.

Secondly, the pub food was better than expected. Consistently good whenever we grabbed a quick bite, regardless of lunch or dinner.

Final positive was the front desk as the owners were polite and friendly.

As far as the rooms go, they weren't stellar but not terrible either. Definitely dated which doesn't exactly give them a new crisp smell every time you enter but it wasn't overly bad either.

No real significant negatives (unless you want to enjoy your morning coffee by the pool before 9am as the doors to the pool remain locked so nobody can enter that area until after 9am). This wasn't an issue for me but I heard a few gripes regarding that little rule. Bottom line, the fact that even gets mentioned is a positive as there weren't any real issues that wouldn't allow for me to return.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank PJQ2224
Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

Thank you Ganish for letting my family pass through the large Hindu wedding arriving in the check-in area. Small gym area, larger cold pool. Big hotel and conference center that needs updating and/or renovation. The dripping ceiling and peeling wall paper were off-putting. Our room's off-centered toilet and shower head positioned toward the wall made me ask my wife to give me a quick stroke test. Atleast the last occupant put in diy hand rails in the shower. AC was way underpowered. I would complain about the few hundred tween soccer players, but my daughter was one of them.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2018

Selected this hotel due to location. I believe it is family run. Front desk was friendly-enough but could use some corporate training in making customers feel welcome. They did offer me an early check in which I appreciated.They do keep things clean which is very important. Furnishings felt like something out of Europe in the 70's. The lamp in the room had a broken lampshade and burnt out light bulb. Elevators were out of order so we had to use the freight elevator. They did have a van service with a very nice driver who doubles as the maintanance man for the building. The towels were very nice and abundant. The price was acceptable. I would opt for a more upscale hotel next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not next to the highway!
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2018 via mobile

although i had some issues during check in the front desk agents were nice and were trying their best to figure the issues. everyone is nice. accommodations were comfy. good place if you need a place to sleep. they have restaurants and bars so you should be ok

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Darshan S, Director of Sales at Fairbridge Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2018

Dear Andy R,

Thank you for taking your time out to review our property. We hope to see you again soon!

Warm regards,
Darshan Sharma

Reviewed February 20, 2018

Selected hotel based on low price and convenience (for visiting family in assisted living). Taxes and fees added another 50% to the price. Although hotel was nearly empty, sent to a distant room on the 4th floor. Parking was inconvenient and, unlike neighboring lodging there was no continental breakfast...just coffee in the lobby. The multiple reserved spaces for buses were a mystery until it was explained that the hotel is used for accommodations for sports teams playing at Rutgers University. On the plus side, the room was quiet, the Internet functioned well, and the TV had three premium channels and a wide choice of other English-language offerings. Heating system was minimally effective.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled solo

Dear Formerly_on_Guam,

Thank you for taking your time to review us. I am sorry you had an unpleasant experience with us. It seems to me that you may have booked online with a third party website for which your price went up by 50%. Taxes are approximately 15% for this region. We offer a large hot breakfast to our guests in our restaurant and unfortunately you booked a room without breakfast. However you would be able to walk right in and purchase at the desk or in the restaurant. We have over 800 parking spots because we are a very large facility hosting 285 rooms as well as over 8000 square feet of banquet space. At any given time we accommodate our neighbors including Rutgers Community College. If you would like to give us another chance please feel free to reach out to me and I will overlook your reservation.

Warm regards,