“Very nice stay - good value”

Fairbridge Hotel & Conference Center Somerset
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
Reviewed September 8, 2009

Some Holiday Inn properties show their age, but this one is very well maintained and up to date, Our stay was comfortable and most important to us; quiet. All aspects of our stay were handled quickly and efficiently; from reservations to chek out. I have spent more than twice what I spent on this stay at other places and not had nearly as good an experience. I will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DogShow_12

Reviewed July 3, 2009

This review reflects the second time we stayed at this hotel, both times booked through priceline. The first time we stayed we were very pleased, so we were thrilled to stay here again, 10 months after our inital stay. The lobby was beautiful. But in the end, who cares about the lobby. I should have known what was in store for us because the hallway leading up to the room on the second floor was absolutely filthy. It was late and we were tired and with 2 young children. The room looked very nice and large. When I pulled back the sheets to get the first bed ready for the kids, I saw a wet spot (and a long black hair). I was hoping it wouldn't smell, hoping for water. My parents always had dogs, so I recognized the smell right away. The room smelled like pet urine and I was starting to get itchy eyes and sneezing after a few minutes in the room. We asked for another room...the lady at the front desk did not even apologize. She put us on the 5th floor...the hallways were immediately cleaner, and the carpeting in the room was cleaner too. It smelled faintly of pets though...but not as horrible as the first room on the second floor. Very disappointed. By the way, I am a huge animal lover...these rooms have not been cleaned properly. I have 2 cats and my house does not and will not smell like cats. I would only recommend this hotel to somebody traveling with pets.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank elyxsia
Reviewed June 23, 2009

I only stayed in this hotel overnight, but it was pretty good. As a Priority Rewards member, I recieved a goodie bag upon arrival plus some discounts for breakfast and the hotel bar/resturant. I didn't use any of the discounts (I was tired when I arrived and had to leave early for a breakfast meeting) but it was a nice touch. The room was the perfect size with an uber comfy bed, plenty of space to work, and a strong WiFi connection. The room also had a power strip, so there were plenty of plugs which can sometimes be hard to find in hotel rooms. The room and bathroom were also clean and spotless - always a good thing.

My only gripe - it was a pain to find off the highway... but then again, I hate driving in NJ and could have missed the turn due to personal driving angst and exhaustion. :-) I'd certainly stay there again if I'm ever in the area, and highly recommend it to fellow business travelers.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank LauraLovesZippy
Reviewed June 9, 2009

Good hotel,
There is a bar in which it is possible to have a good dinner
Close to a beautiful park
Could need a rejunavation...

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank titou59
Reviewed March 1, 2009

Unexpected value for the price....and the beds are wickedly comfortable!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sdb79
Reviewed January 22, 2009

The stay was really pleasant and as expected!

very comfortable without any hassle!

• Stayed: December 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 30, 2008

This is a solid choice along Davidson Ave., where there are several hotels. It may look a little old from outside, but the rooms are nice and the place is well maintained.

Front desk was friendly, and being Thanksgiving Eve, they handed me a paper explaining that the restaurant would be closed, but that there would be free breakfast and sandwiches during the day, and that the staff could help with finding open eateries. Thought that was smart of them to be up-front about this.

Room was clean and pleasant. Nothing flashy, but it was fine.

I'd say that this and the Courtyard down the street are the two best properties in the area. Good choices for saving money while visiting NYC.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family