“Nice inexpensive stay on the way home from NC to NH”

Holiday Inn Somerset-Bridgewater
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
New England
“Nice inexpensive stay on the way home from NC to NH”
Reviewed May 10, 2008

We (2 adults and one 15 year old) stayed here on the way home from Salvo NC to NH. I chose this hotel because it was 1. five hours from home and thus allowed for a break and 2. allowed dogs. The web site said if you can get the dog through the door it can stay (we have a german shepherd).

The room was small but everything was clean. We payed $76 for Saturday night. Very clean very safe. We saw no other pets while we were there.

One hour from Tappan Zee bridge.

Again room was small and simple but perfect for a rest while on a road trip.

• Liked — Price was perfect and pets allowed
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Korean first
London, Britain
Reviewed December 19, 2006

The first day that I arrived, the toilet broke down and I had to get maintanance to come and fix it. The reception staff acted like I was asking the earth when I interupted their day dreaming.

A few days into the stay and everything seemed ok, until I got back from work late on my 3rd day there, ready to just go to bed and arrived back to see that my bed completely stripped and the covers/pillows etc all over the floor. When I told the reception about it there was an attitude that house keeping had gone home and that they were not responsible. Too tired to want to argue I just made the bed best I could myself.

Room service is available, if you can get hold of anyone, it regularly takes 10/15 mins (sometimes 30 mins) of constant ringing back for anyone to answer the phone. Then it can take anything up to an hour and a half for the food to come.

Be careful if you send any laundry to be done, the first time I sent a load the form had been amended to say that the T-Shirts I sent for cleaning were actually sweaters, hence they were twice the price. Since when have you seen a SHORT sleeved cotton T-Shirt be called a sweater? And the second time I sent a load (I had no choice, I needed clean clothes) two white blouses came back grey and with staines all over them. The subsequent arguement with the cleaning company consisted of them telling me that they couldn't be sure that I handed the clothing to them in pure white condition.

Later on in my stay I also had a lamp break on me so it wouldn't switch on.

The gym was tiny, and had hardly any equipment, if two people were in there, it was more than full.

The rooms are adequate, but are by no means that nice, or clean for the price. You can hear absolutely everything from the rooms next door, and if your lucky enough to stay next to an ice vending machine like me, you get a wonderful noice from that constantly all day and all night.

I guess that if you are only on a short stay, this place is ok, but if you are going to try and make it your home for 3 weeks like I was, it's really not worth it, try somewhere else.

I would suggest staying in the Doubletree around the corner.

• Stayed December 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Sarahldavies2001
Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 2, 2006

I've stayed here every year during the NHRA races at Englishtown and have never been disappointed.
Staff is friendly and efficient, my rooms are always made up and the room service breakfast is always on time.
The burgers in the sportsbar are very tasty!

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 13, 2005

I have stayed at this hotel for business several times - each stay has been 4-5 days. I have always been very pleased with every aspect of the hotel. My room has always been clean, bright, and comfortable. The staff has always been friendly and helpful. Would recommend with no hesitation.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 25, 2005

My son and I stayed for two nights. Arrived Friday night late with no problems staff was very friendly. Room was clean and well kept, beds were firm. On Saturday we took the New Brunswick train in to Manhattan. From the Hotel to the train station is 10min (weekends free parking!) and from the train station to Manhattan is 50min. On Sunday we left for Englishtown NJ. for NHRA Drag Races. 30min away. I Would recommend this Hotel!

• Stayed June 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Cherry Hill, NJ
Reviewed March 13, 2005

Stayed at this Holiday Inn last November (2004) for business. Found the staff helpful and professional. The food at the bar/restaurant and the main restaurant was very good. Room was clean and comfortable. Overall, the stay was very pleasant.

• Stayed November 2004, traveled on business
4 Thank concetta2
Roscoe
Reviewed November 22, 2003

Pet friendly, easy to get in & out of, clean & comfortable, great restaurant & menus. Very reasonable for Somerset NJ

3 Thank Beaverkill1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Somerset
DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center
Clarion Hotel
Clarion Hotel
#15 of 16 in Somerset
Sonesta ES Suites Somerset

Been to Holiday Inn Somerset-Bridgewater? Share your experiences!