“Fave Indian Buffet in Somerset/New Brunswick Area”
Review of Hoysala

Hoysala
Ranked #10 of 115 Restaurants in Somerset
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Buffet
Description: Hoysala Restaurant was established in 2002 for providing Fine South Indian Cuisine Dishes in Somerset, NJ. Our menu brings you the finest taste bites from the four southern states of India - Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala & Tamilnadu.
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Just returned from our favorite Indian restaurant buffet at Hoysala on JFK Boulevard (and Easton Ave.). I've eaten at quite a few Indian restaurants in the area and, as a non-Indian, I find the Hoysala's food just perfect for me. The food is spiced but not to the point that you want to go screaming into the night after you've eaten it. The buffet gives you a choice of 16 different dishes, including chicken biryani, goat biryani, red-spiced fried chicken as well as vegetarian dishes. If you are a fried onion fan, their onion pakodas will become your new favorite! While I don't know the correct Indian names for all the dishes, I can assure you they are good and seem to be freshly made. Their sprouted mung bean, cucumber and onion salad is subtly flavored and tastes like they made it just before you put it on your plate. Desserts consist of the grated carrot pudding, fried dough balls and a really rich but not overly sweet pistachio ice cream that sent me back a couple of times for more! They have the usual mango lassi and yogurt lassi. The decor is very nice, with an area for a private party. We arrived around noon and were seated right away, but by 1:00 the place was packed with a waiting line, so I guess we're not the only big fans. The buffet is not exactly cheap - around $13.95 for the Saturday buffet lunch, but if you're in the mood for good Indian food in a nice atmosphere, give it a try! They do a regular lunch buffet on Tues.-Thurs., a Week-End Buffet Fri.-Sun. and dinner buffets Tues-Sun. Enjoy!

2  Thank PJinNJ2014

Reviewed January 1, 2014

The reason I decided to write this review is coz today out of all days I feel they deserved it...being the first day of the New Year the rush is usual but these guys managed to handle it with ease and the food was excellent...had the lunch buffet averaging about 15 dollars per head including tax and the service was awesome and the wait time decent. Keep up the good work!!!

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Buffet for south Indian food can't get any better than this. The food taste and variety is the amazing for every visit. Highly recommend it !

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Their dine menu wasnt that great but always we found that the buffet was awesome. We go there frequently for buffet and rarely diappointed.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I am from Karnataka region...Bisibelebath, Veg Biryani, Rasam, Sambar all taste so native to me. I keep coming to this restaurant for the same reason. One more good thing about this restaurant is Buffet!!!! you can taste everything on display.
This is probably the best southindian food I had in US till today.

Tips: Staff is very polite and friendly. Dont miss talking to manager, he will tell lot of colorful south indian celebrity visit stories. Its bonus :)

1  Thank Bangaloretravellar