Sophie's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Sophie's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 115 Restaurants in Somerset
Cuisines: French
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Classic French Bistro
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I was looking for a French restaurant in the area and we decided to give this place a try. The food was inconsistent... We absolutely loved the duck entree, but escargot was just ok (crazy amounts of garlic). Very disappointed by their coffee and dessert - we ordered crepes with ice cream and chocolate sauce, expecting a certain quality of crepes from a French restaurant, very underwhelming... Average service and ambiance. We may give this place another try at some point, but not any time soon.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

This is a fantastic little place to eat tucked away just outside New Brunswick. My wife and I found it about 9 years ago while living in the area and looking for French Cuisine, we've continued to return even after we moved out of state. You're going to enjoy some simple, down-to-earth, and delicious French bistro food served in a comfortable/casual setting.

1  Thank Tysonian
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Sophie's is one of my favorite local restaurants. My family and I use it for many of our family celebrations . The French onion soup is the best I have ever tasted! I love the scallops too! The presentation is excellent. Peter (the owner) makes you feel special each and every time we come. I have recommended this to many friends and associates. Stop in for lunch or dinner... You won't regret it!

1  Thank Bootravel01
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Despite the humdrum location, once you are inside, it feels much like a true French bistro. The food was savory, interesting, and the price was appropriate for such high quality. Most of us had spent time in France and were surprised to find familiar delicacies in central NJ. Have been here on several occasions, as a double date and as a family.

1  Thank ruthgree
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Full menu with exquisite choices. You will not be dissapointed. Great selection of wines and spirits. Desserts are to die for.