“Hospitality Plus”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
East Stroudsburg, PA
“Hospitality Plus”
Reviewed March 28, 2010

My wife and I attended a wedding in the Somerset area and took advantage of a great pay-in-advance weekend rate at the Homewood Suites. My wife and I are very discriminating travelers and when I heard her exclaim "Wow" when we entered our modest studio suite, I knew we made the right choice. Our 2nd floor suite was impeccably clean and functional. The Bed was super comfortable. Although there was an early crowd for the breakfast, we were pleased at how the staff handled the rush and the top quality of the food offered (scrambled eggs, potato pancakes and a delicious quiche).

The thing that really motivated me to write so glowingly about Homewood Suites is the "no problem' response of the staff to every request made of them. Earlier reviewers had limited experience with the staff other than checkin/out; however, when we needed a little flexibility with the timing of our wedding, Makia, the front desk manager, came through for us. She should be commended for being most hospitable. After mentioning the possible need to return after check-out to use the public rest rooms to change from church attire to reception attire, Makia offered us a clean room to change and freshen up between events. Although we did not need to take advantage of the offer, we were pleasanlty surprised by it! There is no doubt in our minds that when we return to the Somerset area again, Homewood Suites will be our top choice.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed March 26, 2010

Homewood Suites are my favorite chain for business travel, and the Somerset location was no exception. Although it was a bit run down, the room was a great size and the hotel was generally quiet. The staff were extremely helpful and pleasant and I was able to sleep very well for the two nights I stayed.

The hotel could use a bit of refreshing and the kitchen area in my room was pretty understocked, but generally, I would recommend this location.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Raleigh, Nc
Reviewed October 9, 2009

This was my first stay at Homewood suites after all the Residence Inns and Staybridge suites.

I stayed here on my visit to New York. They had a very good price online. I stated in a one bedroom king suite. Everything was amazing about the room. Except for the old TVs.

The bathroom had neutrogena products. The buffet breakfast was good but not great. The pool was good, nice hot tub.

Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
NYC
Reviewed February 7, 2009

We came on a Friday night and was pleasantly surprised to find out we were upgraded from a studio suite to a one bedroom suite. It is our first time to stay in a Hilton hotel and we are very happy customers. From the very first moment we arrived, the front desk lady was very nice and made us feel right at home. She told us all about the available amenities and the time we could access the pool, spa, business center, etc.
The suite is lovely. The kitchenette area has dark wood floors. There is a toaster, microwave oven, ice maker, silverware, microwaveable items, pots and pans, the works. There is complementary popcorn that is on the coffee basket, and I thought that was a very nice touch.
The bedroom is sort of small. However, the overhead fan with light makes a good appeal to the room. They offer neutrogena bath products and I do have to add that there is complimentary mouthwash. These days, mouthwashes are a rarity in hotels.
I will definitely stay here again. It is a perfect place for a family, as there is even a half basketball court in the premises.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed December 3, 2008

Cannot add too much to the other reviews. We were pleasantly surprised by a nice complementary light dinner with one glass of wine or beer (except weekends and holidays), hot limited breakfast buffet (not cooked to order). Excellent staff and, of course all suites + kitchenette. We had a good free internet connection.

• Liked — Very upscale for a pet friendly hotel
  • Disliked — slightly out of the way location
  • Stayed November 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Albany, NY
Reviewed November 3, 2008

Stayed at this hotel for a trip to Sesame Place. The hotel was very nice, clean and inviting. Stayed in a room with a King bedroom and a pullout in the living room - more than enough space for the 4 of us (2 adults and 2 kids). Had a stocked kitchenette area (plates, cups, silverware, pots & pans) so if you were staying longer you could have small meals there if you wanted. Enjoyed the indoor pool and jacuzzi. The continental breakfast was fabulous! Great selection of fresh foods - omelets, bacon, french toast sticks, waffles made to order, juices, coffee, cereal, fruit...a really great spread!

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Traffic
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
Cherry Hill, NJ
Reviewed October 11, 2008

I'm a business traveller and stayed at the hotel for a few weeks in the Fall of 2008. The room was clean and spacious. The staff was friendly and the service was OK (although I didn't see or speak with the hotel staff except for when I was checking in). I've stayed at many Homewood Suites over the years and like the room set up with the separate bedroom and kitchen.

My biggest issue was getting a reservation. Although rooms were available, after the first couple of weeks, they refused to honor my corporate rate and forced me to seek alternative accomodations. This is how they treated a loyal long-time customer who's a Gold HHonors member.

If you want a room in a quiet, remote location with nothing fancy or entertaining, and can work through the reservation process to get a reasonable nightly rate, it's not a bad hotel. They do provide an OK breakfast and nightly snack, but you'll need to be prepared to drive 10 or 15 minutes to find a restaurant in the area.

• Liked — Room with separte bedroom, living room & kitchen
  • Disliked — Reservation Service & Room Rate
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Somerset
DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#8 of 16 in Somerset
Embassy Suites by Hilton Piscataway - Somerset

Been to Homewood Suites Somerset? Share your experiences!