All reviewsfront deskseparate bedroomhome away from homelight dinnercomplimentary breakfasti highly recommend this hotelcomfortable bedbusiness centeroatmealpool and hot tubgreat place to staybusiness tripexcellent staywould stay againnew jerseyvery nice hotelthe breakfast area
Reviewed October 12, 2017

The Homewood Suites in Somerset, NJ is a great place to stay. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. The location is easy to find and close to restaurants, shopping and athletic events. The rooms are very clean and well cared for. Also the kitchen is well stocked for cooking. The value is excellent and I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
savanna w, General Manager at Homewood Suites Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2017

Thank you for your recent stay. I'm so happy that you felt at home during your stay. I hope that we might be able to welcome you home again soon.
Have a great week!

Reviewed October 11, 2017

It was my and my boyfriend first stay in this hotel. It was very cozy, I definitely like the vibe. My boyfriend really enjoyed the brightness of the hallways of the hotel comparing to the other ones we been to, where some are very dark and gloomy. Overall we had a good experience. The only down part was the breakfast... the last day we were there, a lot of guest checked in the night before and the service members couldn’t keep up with the demands. I was kind of disappointed about the oatmeal because it was very watery, it didn’t look like oatmeal. Afterward, they ran out of syrup... as well as sauage links and had to accompany with turkey bacon. Sunday was crazy... haha I wouldn’t mind stay here again

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
General M, General Manager at Homewood Suites Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2017

Thank you for sharing details from your stay as that gives us opportunities for improvement. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality and consistent level of service for all our guests and I have shared your notes with our team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the years ahead and will strive to make your future stays five stars.

Reviewed October 10, 2017

I have been stayed for almost 2 months in this hotel for my husband's business trip. initially, the room we in the 1st floor, was having some issues like the bed was not comfortable. After changing the room it went fine. Since I have stayed there for a while, I have observed that the evening food they served during first few days was very good but the variety and option was reduced with time. In either way, since it is a complimentary service, I would not like to complain about this.
During my stay, I have faced some small technical issues, those were all taken care promptly by the stuffs whenever I have reported.
The hotel stuffs were very nice and helpful all the time. GM Savanna, an asian lady manager(sorry I forgot her name), front desk staff Kathy, Housekeeping staff Aris are some of them. They all made my stay homely, comfortable and pleasant.

Room Tip: try to choose rooms with odd number, it will give a good view.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
savanna w, General Manager at Homewood Suites Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2017

Thank you for great Review and we truly enjoyed having you as our guest. We hope to see you soon!

Warm Regards,
Savanna

Reviewed October 3, 2017

Stayed two separate weeks because booked by my employer. Had no hot water in shower both stays in separate rooms (4 days total). Had to bathe in the sink. When cold, turned on heat and the smoke alarm went off. Informed management by calling and emailing. No response whatever. One of my colleagues had no water in the shower at all. Other colleagues had rooms that were given away and had to stay elsewhere. They did not attempt to contact them ahead of time to let them know before they traveled to the hotel first. We had also planned our transportation around this and had to re-book all transportation because of this. Total disinterest on part of management.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business

Hello Virgina, thank you for your stay with us. Our regret is that we were unable to meet your expectations. Should you have any need of lodging in the future please do not hesitate to reach out to me.
warm regards,
Savanna W.

Reviewed September 27, 2017

It was nice having a separate bedroom and a small, but functional kitchen. The kitchen had a two burner stove, full-size fridge, microwave and dishwasher - no oven. The beds were comfortable and the shower provided decent pressure - something often lacking in most hotels. The decor was old and dated, but clean. The breakfast was standard fare, nothing fancy. What made the breakfast special was the service provided by Owen - who went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed - even cutting up and wrapping a plate of fresh fruit when the bowl had run out.

I felt that the location's proximity to 287 made it easy to visit friends and family around the state. There is a grocery store nearby which we visited in order to stock up on some healthier options. Overall, the staff was friendly and helpful and we would consider staying here again on our next visit to The Garden State.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
General M, General Manager at Homewood Suites Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2017

Thank you for staying with us and providing your feedback. We appreciate the great review. Positive feedback empowers us. Our staff takes great pride in what they do and I will share this great feedback with them. We are esteemed you had a pleasant stay. We hope to see you soon!