All reviewsfront deskseparate bedroomhome away from homelight dinnercomplimentary breakfasti highly recommend this hotelcomfortable bedoatmealbusiness centerpool and hot tubgreat place to staybusiness tripexcellent staywould stay againnew jerseyvery nice hotelthe breakfast area
Reviewed November 15, 2012

After have previously been disappointed by other Homewood Suites in other locations, I was skeptical about how this stay was going to go, but I was reassured as soon as I met the front desk attendant. The people that work here obviously care about the quality of service they provide and they have made me feel extremely welcome.

Room Tip: There are smoking suites in this hotel, try to get in a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Richard R
James L, General Manager at Homewood Suites Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to write this review. We shared your kind words with the team. Thank you and have a great Holiday.

James Lutz

Reviewed October 27, 2012

October 20, 2012, was a very special day for me--special because my daughter got married. The ceremony was in Plainfield, NJ, and the reception was in Garwood, NJ. Homewood Suites Somerset was the answer to close proximity to both towns and reasonable room rates so my daughter reserved a block of rooms for her wedding party and guests. That proved to be an excellent decision. We had family coming in from Connecticut, DC, Delaware, Maryland, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Virginia, which, naturally, meant we arrived at different times. The Front Desk Clerks were very accommodating when asked to have keys for those arriving later. The rooms are exactly as described on the website: clean, roomy with every convenience--two flat screen TVs, full-size refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, cabinets, and hair dryer. I slept in the king size bed and sofa bed. Both were extremely relaxing; and, if I didn't have a full day ahead of me, I would have lounged in them a little longer. I was pleasantly surprised and mentioned to my sister the comfort of the bed covering. It was lightweight, not heavy like a down comforter, yet kept me warm because the others were hot and turned on the air conditioner. We asked for extra washcloths and they were delivered within five minutes. All the staff I had brief conversations with were very friendly. When I returned to the hotel from the reception a young man who just finished his shift and was leaving offered to help carry my things. There's another plus I believe the hotel is unaware of. My nails looked horrible. But, the morning of the wedding, with the help of her GPS, my niece located a nail salon in the small shopping strip within walking distance of the hotel. We got our nails done and still had plenty of time that we didn't have to rush to get ready for the wedding. Because of nerves I didn't eat, but everything looked really good. I guess you can tell I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

We appreciate your feedback! We strive to not only meet but to exceed our guest expectations. It is our undeniable goal to spread the light and warmth of hospitality. I am glad we were able to offer you a memorable stay. I've shared your review with my team and we look forward to having you back in the future. Thank you!

James Lutz

Reviewed September 12, 2012

We flew in late to JFK and stopped at this property for a night on our way to PA. Missed the dinner so can't comment on that, Room was great for our family 2A:2C, which is why we choose Homewood where we can when traveling.

Breakfast was probably the best we've yet experienced in a Homewood property, seemed to be more variety and quality than the usual fare which is already good! Recommended stay if you are in this area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Where do I start? Staff was friendly and the hotel is clean. The rooms were huge, extremely quiet, and comfortable. I don't remember his name but the weekend manager was all over and very accommodating.
He checked us in, was changing lights out in the halls, bringing out new pool towels, and helping with breakfast. I loved the hotel made breakfast sandwiches. My only complaints are its a bit off of the highway and not many restaurants close by. We wished we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Loretta P, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Homewood Suites by Hilton Somerset. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. Thank you for your kind words about our friendly staff and the hotel being clean. I will pass along your positive feedback to Cory, our operations manager. We wish you could have stayed longer also and enjoyed more time with the Homewood Suites Family. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

This hotel was great. Our room was a 2 bedroom suite with room for all 5 of us, a really nice kitchen area and a spacious bathroom. The cookies at check in were nice and employees were as well. The pool area was small but clean and set at a great temperature. Breakfast was amazing~fruit, hot and cold foods, everything a person could want! My only 1 complaint is that breakfast was only served until 9am, so I felt rushed and my son had to bring me a fruit plate because I couldn't make it down before they closed breakfast. My husband and kids spent an hour munching while I used the fitness room....which was really nice. New equipment, mats, and many more items than I've seen before in a fitness room. I highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in Somerset!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family