Comfort Inn & Suites(Somerset)(Great Value!)
$106
$101
CandlewoodSuites
Courtyard Somerset(Somerset)
$129
All reviewsfront deskseparate bedroomhome away from homelight dinnercomplimentary breakfasti highly recommend this hotelcomfortable bedoatmealfull kitchenpool and hot tubgreat place to staybusiness tripexcellent staywould stay againnew jerseyvery nice hotelthe breakfast area
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Although the rest of the property is great, if you are a swimmer, like myself, and want to get an early morning swim before a conference or meeting, forget it. The indoor pool doesn't open until 9AM with NO exceptions. I was told the day before that the desk clerk would let me into the pool early, but when I asked permission, she said NO. I was pretty miffed about this since the last time I stayed there in November, 2011, I was able to swim early.
I called the manager of the hotel the next day, but he does not return phone calls.
Very disappointing.
I checked other hotels in the area, and they all have pool hours that go from 6AM-11PM, so I will be staying at one of these hotels in the future (Doubletree by Hilton, Somerset, Courtyard by Marriott Somerset, Residence Inn by Marriott Somerset). It seems this is the only hotel that has such late hours for their pool.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Loretta P, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2012

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Homewood Suites by Hilton Somerset. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, including areas for improvement. Thank you for your feedback concerning the pool hours of operation. We apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced and will definitely look into extending our pool hours in the future. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

good value and good sleep conveinent to eateries if desired. quite during sleeptime, active swimming pool, and the staff is very helpful.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Loretta P, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2012

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Homewood Suites by Hilton Somerset. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. I will share your positive feedback with our staff. We look forward to your return visit and being your "Home Away from Home".

Reviewed January 23, 2012

This property provided a great experience as usual - consistent with my experience at various Homewood properties since 2009. The staff was friendly and courteous and breakfast and weekday suppers had great choices. The location is quiet and safe the only negative being there are few grocery and restaurant choices around. The hotel actually got me some much needed grocery which was a delight. I have rated 4 stars instead of 5 - for 2 counts - internet was slow and sometimes did not work and that this is the only Homewood in this area of NJ. It was 12 miles away from my workplace in Warren (there are no other choices that were closer).Wishing there were more Homewoods in NJ.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Loretta P, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2012

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Homewood Suites by Hilton Somerset. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, including areas for improvement. During the time that you were at the Homewood Suites we were in the process of upgrading our internet so this may have been the cause of your inconsistant connection. We hope you will return soon so you can experience our new internet speed. Thank you again for sharing your great experience at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Somerset.

Reviewed January 22, 2012

EVERYTHING WAS PHENOMENAL! The rooms were great...very cozy, the staff was very warm and caring and went over and beyond to make sure my stay was comfortable! I give you 5 stars!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2012
Loretta P, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2012

Thank you for your Five Star review of your recent stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Somerset. We always appreciate hearing from our guests about their phenomenal experience with our warm and caring staff. I will share your wonderful review with our staff. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

On the plus side, very quiet location, rooms in very good condition, very clean.
Breakfast very good, staff is courteous.
On the minus side, few food delivery options available, and few TV channels. Majority were Asian,(must be usual customer base) and a few fuzzy basic cable channels. Painfully slow internet, both wired and wireless.
We connected Laptop PC to TV to use Hulu and Netflix due to the dismal TV options, with streaming on lowest settings dropping constantly.
It wasn't a world-ending problem, just an annoyance for a 2 night stay.
Otherwise, a very well run and comfortable hotel, but we won't be staying again due to the TV and internet. Yes, Lodgenet PPV is an option for a movie or two, but we all know how expensive that is.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sittyslickers
Loretta P, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2012

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Homewood Suites by Hilton Somerset. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, including areas for improvement. We are currently in the process of upgrading our TV channel options and Internet speed. We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in Somerset.