All reviews indoor pool separate living and sleeping area happy hour dinner home away from home full kitchen kitchen cabinets marriott family basketball hoop bedroom suite complimentary wifi stay there again comfortable beds nice amenities new jersey quiet area yogurt hotel is clean
Reviewed July 30, 2018

My son and I recently spent a 3 day weekend at this hotel. The hotel sets on a quiet side street with a few other hotels There is very little traffic on the road fronting the hotel since the majority of the businesses are medical, dental, and professional service offices. As a result it is very quiet and peaceful at this property.
Our room was very clean and well appointed. It provided everything we needed. The breakfast was basic, but plentiful and well prepared. There was ample seating inside the lobby as well as outside on a patio.
We were able to take in the sites of New York City without fighting traffic as Penn Station is easily accessible by train. Upon our return we were able to cool off in the indoor pool and relax in the adjacent outdoor seating area.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

This motel is our go to when visiting family in the area. I booked a queen suite giving us 2 rooms for comfort. The kitchenette with dishes is handy along with the pool and patio areas.
The only reason I gave 4 stars is the general cleanliness. Under the sink is dirty, cabinet doors are sticky and the bathroom floor wasn’t cleaned throughly. I used some wipes and felt comfortable.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2018

We had a nice quiet one night stay. Everyone was warm and friendly. We were ungraded to a two bedroom suite. So, we had a ton of room to spread out and relax. The extra bathroom, was a welcome relief with a teenage daughter. Breakfast was nice and tasty.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at the Residence Inn Somerset. From the friendly greeting at check in to my day of check out. Beautifully decorated and very clean. The room was lemony fresh upon entering and the bed was super comfortable. My kids enjoyed the pool and the little lounge area attached to the pool room. The breakfast was so good (I'm surprised), not the typical "Continental" style breakfast (the spicy sausages were delicious). The lady that was working in the breakfast area was a breath of fresh air, so friendly, professional and welcoming, she went above and beyond to make sure that everyone was ok and she was very attentive. The food station was very clean (I pay attention to details) and she replenished the empty trays of food as soon as they were out, I don't remember her name too well, I think it's Okowa (please forgive me if that's not the spelling or even her name, smh). Overall I had a great stay and I can't wait to return.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2018

I've now stayed here twice and I have been exceptionally satisfied each time. After being in so many hotels in New Jersey that are leaning up against noisy highways and parkways, it's was so refreshing to discover this gem, tucked away in a quiet area. I have slept very well there on comfortable beds. The staff is friendly and always smiling. Their breakfast buffet is excellent and always well stocked, even for someone like me who usually shows up in the last hour.

The only word of caution here is be prepared to drive everywhere or summon a ride if you plan on staying there on the weekends. Public transportation and shuttle service operate only on weekdays. But it's still worth staying here.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo