“Nice relaxing stay.”

Sonesta ES Suites Somerset
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Stayed over a weekend. We got a two bedroom suite. The rooms were large and comfortable. The kitchen was well appointed and clean. The tv's are old but I know that they are in the process of updating their rooms. Staff were very friendly. Breakfast was nice. The grounds were very clean.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta
Michael_somerset260, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2014

Thank you for your recent review. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. As you mentioned, just having the spacious suite can do wonders when you need the extra room. Of course being a suite with the full kitchen makes a big difference too. Also thank you for the comments about the tidiness of the property, we will make sure to pass those notes along to the staff. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 18, 2014

I had to find a place for me and my son that I had privacy and comfort. I read such great reviews before I chose this hotel. I didn't go wrong in staying there.
It is a old location but it meet all our needs for the two days that we stayed their.
I would stay again if I had to do it again. The staff was very friendly and made us feel very welcome.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Thank you for your review! We are so pleased to hear your comments and will make sure to pass them along to our staff. As you said, having the big suite with the closing doors makes it very convenient when traveling with family to give you your own space. Thank you again and we hope to see you in the Somerset area soon!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

My first impression of this hotel was very underwhelming.My husband and I stayed in the trio suite our children. My 1st night there I found blood stains on my comforter. Furniture very dated. Nasty!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ruth S
Michael_somerset260, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Thank you for your review of your stay. We are sorry that we did not live up to the expectations of a Sonesta ES Suites and that your stay was not everything that it should have been. We have passed along your notes to our staff and we hope that you will try us again in the future.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

I had never stayed in a Sonesta previously, but was very happy with my stay. Evening and day managers were cordial and welcoming. Michael P was particularly pleasant. The free breakfast was probably the best I have had at any chain. Nice surprise. The hotel is a great value. I feel I received more than anticipated, especially for the price. I realized that the hotel is undergoing a renovation, but this did not interfere with my comfort and relaxation in the slightest. I would highly recommend, and I am now eager to try other Sonestas as well.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Michael_somerset260, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Thank you for your review! We are very pleased to hear you had an excellent stay! Having the daily hot breakfast is a great feature so that you don’t have to worry about breakfast every morning. That helps stretch your budget further too, being that it is included in the price! Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Mike P.

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

A visit to the Sonesta these days means keeping your HDMI cables in you luggage and relying on your tablet for any in room entertainment because the TVs are old and the channel clarity is fuzzy; however, it was nice to see that they have upgraded the room number signs on the buildings for some reason that was a high priority over updating the room interiors. Bedding is still good, as well as, the bathroom & laundry amenities. Pool area and outer sitting area improved but the water damage on the room's ceiling is not fixed. Definitely a work in progress although I did not see any work crews onsite during the stay.

• Stayed: July 2014
Michael_somerset260, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Thank you for your recent review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time here. As you mentioned, our exterior renovations are done, creating an inviting and new atmosphere to the exterior. We are having some major changes coming to the property for the interior to look out for as well. We hope to see you back next time you are in Somerset to see all the new features that Sonesta will have to offer!

Reviewed July 9, 2014

It was my luck that I happened to meet a gentleman named James, who is the sales director of this hotel chain which changed our (me and my wife) stay in NJ completely. Trust my word that you will enjoy every moment of your stay here. We felt during our entire stay that every one here has one single goal - to make you feel at home. Big Mike, other Mike, Eric, big Ted, Tim and off course James...We just want to thank you for making our stay so memorable there. My review will not be complete if I don't mention about breakfast there...simply awesome!!! With all that, I call this place Extended family, not just extended stay.

Room Tip: All of them are good!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Michael_somerset260, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! We are so excited to hear about your excellent stay with us! As you said, traveling on the road for an extended period of time can be very difficult, which is why we strive to create an atmosphere home. Also having a full size kitchen and large suite doesn’t hurt either! We are happy that we could achieve that for you and your wife during your stay! We will make sure to pass along your comments to the staff and we hope that if you work or travels bring you back this way again you will stay with us!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Sonesta ES Suite is a good property at Somerset and it's on the verge of getting better.

Positives:
Friendly, Polilte and Professional Staff
Value for money
Fully Renovated Rooms - I heard this was in progress and soon all the rooms would be renovated with latest Flat Screen LED TV's, New Furniture, Other electronic equipments in room, etc..
Everyday Surprise - There were some everyday surprises where they would give away free gifts. I got a pair of sunglasses which was - cool :).
Shuttle service - Pick up and drop upto 8 miles + Weekend trips to super markets.

Negatives:
Very less menu
No Live Kitchen. Meals served only from Tuesday through Thursday.
On Demand Room Service on weekends - need to be booked in advance.
Very small pool
Small Gym
Wifi Issue - wasn't able to connect from every corner of my room. I would normally sit in the living room or on the edge of my bed. This can definitely be improved.

Add one star to my reviews after the renovation is complete.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you mentioned your positive experience with the staff and also the value for your money. We will make sure the staff receives these comments. We always strive to offer the best that we can and having a room with a full size kitchen and separated bedroom and bathroom is very helpful for our guests looking to stay for a longer period of time, as you don’ t have to eat out every night. We thank you again and hope that next time you are in town we will see you again!