“Nice place to stay at a good price”

Sonesta ES Suites Somerset
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
Washington D.C.
“Nice place to stay at a good price”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stayed over one weekend in March. Liked the 1-bedroom suite with the King bed. Only comment is the place really does need some sprucing up (paint, old TV, bathroom caulking) - but we know they will be doing renovation work this summer. Awesome breakfast buffet. Pool area was closed as it was Winter, but looks good.

Good place for a low cost, no frills, but cozy place to stay.
We will be coming back for a long-weekend in June for the Trio Suite!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Matthew W, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Somerset, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words about your recent stay. I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy the complimentary breakfast as well as experience the home-like atmosphere we strive to deliver. We are opening the pool in a few weeks so when you come back in June I hope you find to relax or take a swim. I would love to discuss some of our future plans to update the guestrooms as you had mentioned, so please feel free to email me at mwalsh@sonesta.com. I look forward to having you as a returning guest next month.

Matt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Just wanted to say this was the best stay at any hotel I ever stayed. My family & I travel a lot. Excellent rooms, nice & clean, comfortable beds & excellent customer service. The management, house keeping & kitchen staff was great. Free breakfast was awesome & free drinks for 2 hours 3 nights during our stay & a reasonable price.We had the trio room with full kitchen & 2 bathrooms. We was rushing to pack due to emergency & left our bank envelope on the bed unknowingly checked out got down the hwy discovered it was missing called the hotel & the housekeeper had turned it in to management untouched. We was so humbly grateful for the honesty that we left him with a small finders fee for his honesty & excellent customer services. That was inheritance money from our family members death insurance we received & had cashed. God was with us & the Lord
allowed an angel to find it that was honesty. We will stay here again when we come home to visit
family. Excellent hotel, excellent customer service, family friendly, great location & price & honest
workers. Highly recommend this hotel. We stayed April 21 - 24, 2014.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much the truly wonderful review! I am glad to hear that you were impressed with so many features such as customer service, comfort, cleanliness, as well as our food and beverage amenities. Most importantly, I am glad to know we have the right employees in place that immediately turned in your belongings that were found in the suite after you checked out. This was a great outcome that I am sure neither of us will ever forget. Please stay with us again the next time you are in the area so we can continue to take care of you and your family.

Matt
Holley, New York
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I read many reviews about this property before deciding to have my family and I stay there. It's not the most modern place I've stayed, but it's clean, priced very well and was so extremely convenient for our purpose. The furnishings are outdated....so what! You'll never find a two bedroom suite with a real free breakfast for the low price Sonesta offers. It was clean, well appointed and had everything needed for a much longer stay than ours. I only wish they had pay when you stay reservations.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Brian N
Michael_somerset260, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Somerset, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for your review! We are happy to have you stay with us for the 1st time and having an enjoyable experience! Definitely having two separate bedrooms and two separate bathrooms goes a long way when traveling with family, so that everyone can have their own space. As you mentioned, we do have the advanced purchase style bookings, where you pay for the room and tax in advance, but we also have bookings where you pay upon arrival to the hotel too! We hope to you see you and your family next time you are in Somerset!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Needing a place to stay over the holidays, discovered Sonesta Suites and decided to give it a try.
Although the furnishings are a bit outdated, our room was clean and comfortable. The bed itself was most enjoyable and made for a very restful sleep. Breakfast was the best part of our stay, and all the employees work hard to keep the hotel in top shape for guests.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review. We are happy to hear that you had a great stay with us over the holidays! As you mentioned, it is great to have a free daily full breakfast, making it one less item to have to worry about when traveling for the holidays. We hope that next time you are in the Somerset area we will see you again!

Kennesaw, GA
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I first discovered Sonesta in May, 2013 by accident - while I only needed a single room as I was traveling alone, family members I was traveling with needed suites as they were traveling with small children. I took a gamble and was so surprised! I received numerous compliments from my family members on my find and I joked that I would be back.

Lo and behold, we did go back as a family. When you travel with three children under the age of 8 and two have food allergies, a suite with separate rooms is a must and a kitchen is invaluable. We stayed for a week in October and another two weeks in November. The staff is warm and friendly. The full breakfast was wonderful (and as a Jersey native, I love that they offer Taylor Pork Roll a few mornings a week) and dinner with cocktails three nights a week was perfect! They took the time to learn my children's names and would often coax my daughter into eating! Traveling with children - I LOVE that they offer free washers and dryers (though timing wise, you have to be patient).

We will be back again since it is a perfect location for my husband (train to NYC is close, as well as his NJ office) and myself (for visiting family).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Someoneuknow
Michael_somerset260, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Somerset, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments about your stay with us! We are very happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay! As you mentioned, having the suite can be a great asset when traveling with children as all the extra space can make things quite comfortable. We are also pleased to hear you were able to enjoy our free breakfast and make use of our free guest laundry facilities. We hope to see you again soon!

Bay Shore, New York, United States
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I was satisfied at my arrival, the lobby was appealing to the eye and the desk clerk was efficient & courteous..Arriving in my room the appearance seemed clean, however....dated and worn....found 2 bugs in the kitchen area and additonal 2 bugs in the closet. I did not find the kitchen area to be as clean as I would have liked it....I had to scrub the coffee maker after finding mold and hair in the water reservoir...I was told there would be limited maid service on Thanksgiving...(none)..I did not see any service done on Fri. either, other than garbage removed, and clean towels?? The guests above me kept me up until 1 am each night due to poor sound proofing..Ratings are inaccurate!! By far "Not Excellent"!!! I am being generous on my rating due to a the adequate size of the room, and a decent breakfast.

Room Tip: "Not on the first floor, heard every noise from the people walking from above"
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments of your recent stay with us. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay with us. We have passed along your notes to our housekeeping team in regards to the issues you had in your suite upon check in. We are sorry about the confusion over our housekeeping service during the holiday and that we didn’t explain the light touch housekeeping service to you, which entails the removal of garbage from your suite, replacement of towels with fresh ones, and replacement of any toiletries or kitchen supplies as needed. We will remind the front desk to be more careful in making guests aware of our housekeeping. We hope that next time you are in the Somerset area you will stay with us again.

Bahia de Los Angeles, Mexico
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

I only stayed here for a quick overnight on my way back from Thanksgiving. Althought the furnishings and TVs are dated, I found the hotel VERY clean. The breakfast is one of the best I've had for a freebie.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your recent review! We are pleased to hear that you had a great time with us and were able to enjoy the free daily breakfast during your stay too! We hope to see you next time you are in the Somerset area!