“It was a great stay, with awesome service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sonesta ES Suites Somerset

Sonesta ES Suites Somerset
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
“It was a great stay, with awesome service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

It was the best night's sleep I had in a longtime.I awoke feeling refrehed. I enjoyed the variety at breakfast. When it was time to take a dip in the pool the girl at the front was kind enough to get me some Xtra towels.When I returned to my room I had forgot my key so I had to go back to the front desk and shanice gave me another. It was a great stay with awesome service. I felt valued as a guest.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michael_somerset260, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Somerset, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for your review! We appreciate the feedback and are very pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay! We are glad that you were able to enjoy our outdoor pool and our free full breakfast. We will let the staff know that you had excellent customer service during your stay too and we hope to see you next time you are in the Somerset area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Bridgewater, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Hubby and I stayed here for one night, a local staycation while someone watched our two kids for the night. We loved it! The room was comfortable and larger than I expected. The bed was fantastic, unbelievably comfortable, although the pillows were a bit too "fluffy" for my husband. The bathroom itself was a bit small but the vanity area was large and bright. The living area and kitchen were so cute, I wished that we had more time to actually LIVE in it :)
There's a Ruby Tuesdays next door so we walked over for dinner, which was convenient.
My only complaint was that they served breakfast quite early, and the location of our room was such that we could hear ALL KINDS OF NOISE starting at 6:30am! If possible, don't stay in the rooms directly over the check in desk (I think ours was #23) if you don't want to hear all that early morning noise!
All in all, we enjoyed it and I would definitely return!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JennyC724
Michael_somerset260, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Somerset, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for your review of your stay with us. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! As you mentioned, having a full kitchen is a suite is a great feature and really makes it nice when you have to travel for longer stays and don’t want to eat out every night. I will mention to the kitchen staff about when they are preparing breakfast to try and keep the noise to a minimum, especially in the early hours before start time. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Folks, I read many of these reviews before booking a stay here. Please don't think I'm being snide, because I can be very cynical about service with a sale. Sure, if I wanted to act like an inspector, I could find some minutia to bark about. But I really have no complaints regarding this hotel. I definitely recommend it to anyone. The staff are attentive and positive, the room was very clean and had amazing features for our family of four, and the hotel amenities were well above what I would expect. A fantastic exterior environment greeted us after check-in, and the wife and I (and even the kids) spent a fair amount of time marvelling at the suite after we first opened the door. We all slept very well in the complete quiet, and the breakfast bar hit great high notes with all of us. We did not arrive in time for the Thursday evening light meal offering, but we heard other guests commenting positively on it. Tasty chocolate chip cookies! I'm sure it's POSSIBLE to come here to look for things to write negative comments about, but we didn't locate those things. Instead, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at a fantastic rate booked through this website (roughly a Grant, a Jackson, a Hamilton and a few Washingtons each night).

Room Tip: Ask for one facing the interior courtyard.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your review of our property! We are pleased to hear that you had a wonderful time staying with us. We are happy that you were able to enjoy the breakfast with the family and that you were all able to spread out in our large suites! We hope that next time you come for a family trip that you will choose us!

Brooklyn, New York, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

My fiancee are from NJ and we stay at different hotels in the area. Upon making our final decision as to where to stay, we check the features to see if they meet what we are looking for. We were very excited about the heated outdoor pool. It looked very nice and refreshing and yet it was closed all day. I could see if it were raining, or if the weather wasn't that nice, but it was a beautiful day, a little muggy and we couldn't enjoy the pool. The set-up of the suite was nice, the bathroom is very small, the bed was huge and very comfortable. The mattress on the sofa bed was stained, dirty. Someone let their dog crap right outside our door and that was very disgusting being that they didn't clean it up. Around 10:30 AM in the morning we were disturbed by the maid to see whether or not we were leaving. That something that she should already have knowledge of. We had no use of service so I can't really comment too much on that, other than service didn't have anyone come and clean the poop from in front of the suite.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Michael_somerset260, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Somerset, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Thank you for your review of our property. We are sorry to hear that you were a bit disappointed in your stay with us. As you said, although our pool had the cover off of it, it was still being treated and prepared for the summer season. Our pool opens officially on Memorial Day weekend and closes Labor Day weekend (always check directly with the hotel too just to be certain). I am also sorry about another guests’ pet affecting your stay. We are a pet friendly hotel, but also have areas that we designate for pets to go to bathroom and we have doggie bags stocked for cleaning up, since it is against the law in NJ to not clean it up and against our hotel policy as well. I am very sorry that this happened and we will be more diligent in reminding guests with pets of this. I hope that next time you are in the Somerset area that you will give us a try again and experience everything that Sonesta has to offer.

Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I read the mixed reviews here and had no idea what to expect, but what I did experience was pleasantly surprising!
I stayed at the Sonesta Suites for almost 2 weeks, in a 2 bedroom suite. It was clean and not run down like some have said here. Nice little touch by housekeeping leaving a daily snack in the room :)
The complimentary breakfast is better than most I have eaten at other hotels and the evening meal 3 times a week is a nice feature...for me after a long day to just chill and eat without having to go out.
The staff, especially the front desk staff were fantastic and so friendly. I'm coming back in July for another 2 weeks and looking forward to it!

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the basketball court..not a big problem unless you are unlucky to stay there...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us! As you mentioned, having a daily hot breakfast and light dinner 3 days a week definitely can help on longer stays when you don’t feel like cooking or going out! Thank you for your comments about the service of our staff too and we look forward to seeing you in July!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed here Friday night, and I'd like to thank you guys for making my family and I feel home at your hotel. You truly succeeded in every aspect of first-class service. Kaitlyn was very kind and helpful, and Mike was prompt, also helpful and very polite. Hence, it reflects on everyone else, and I truly express my profound gratitude to all the team members there.
We will be back again for sure. Sonesta is the Besta

Adel M

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review of our property! We are very glad to hear that you had a great time! We will make sure to inform the desk staff that made your stay even better too. I hope that you were able to experience all the amenities that we have to offer and if you didn’t we hope that when you come see us again you will. Thank you again and see you soon!

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I always stay whenever I get a chance to go to Somerset, Veeco. The rooms are neat and clean. Nothing more can be expected for complimentary breakfast and evening social gathering. Thank you very much for nice hospitality.

Just wondering whether Sonesta earlier Stay Bridge is still member of Priority Club

Room Tip: Ask for your choice to room such as back side or front side.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Michael_somerset260, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Somerset, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for your review of your stay with us. We are very pleased that you enjoyed staying with us and that you choose us when you are in the area. As you mentioned, it is always great to have a complimentary daily breakfast and the light dinner 3 days a week. We are very pleased that you were able to enjoy these amenities during your stay. In terms of your inquiry about Priority Club, we are no longer part of that membership network and therefore do not accept the Priority Club number, but we do have a new rewards program that you can sign up for. It is free to sign up and is called Travel Pass. As you stay with us, you will earn points that will add up to a free room night at any one of our Sonesta domestic properties. Please contact any Sonesta hotel for more details. Thank you again for your review!