“Aweful”

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
Kolkata
“Aweful”
Reviewed August 28, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for two days during April, 2011. The stay let me think as to why I selected to stay at this place. Breakfast was tasteless. Unfriendly staff. Recollecting one event, that my room card was not working and since my room was quite far from the reception, I called front desk for the help. No one turned up and I had to walk in the pouring rain to get the keys replaced. No room service and neither room cleaning.

Though the room charges are within budget range, but still not worth staying comparing the facility and support extended by other such hotels in the vicinity.

Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank SPoddar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
san jose,ca
Reviewed August 25, 2011

The rooms were big and clean, the kitchen was nice, the kids loved the pool and there was a huge variety for breakfast. The staff was friendly.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank chuki0702
long island, ny
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Stayed 2 nights while attending a Convention down the road at the the Crowne Plaza. It was way beyond our expectations. The rooms were clean and bright. Loved having a small kitchen. The B'fast in the morning was great and so convenient. The grounds were pleasant and it was so quiet there. Will definitely stay there again. No doubt.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Laurie C
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 11, 2011

My second business trip and I decided to stay at a different place. Located near the freeway, the hotel offers a host of conveniences like a fully functional kitchen in the room, cab service, health club, swimming pool, a barbecue area, laundromat and internet. The staff was courteous and helpful. Along with this the hotel offers free buffet breakfast in the morning and supper on two days.
The suites are the only option here and each suite has two rooms, a living room and a kitchen. The rooms are comfortable and clean but the hotel offers cleaning of the place only once a week in case you are staying longer. This was a minor irritant.
The hotel is located in an area that has a many eating joints at walking distance and malls nearby (Minimum cab fare). The hotel runs a shuttle service that takes you to almost anywhere in 20miles radius for free making it a great travel option.
The hotel offers an option of staying on a budget in the otherwise expensive US.
Try to wash your own clothes and do not use the laundry service as they have a tendency to loose them. I was reimbursed for the loss but I lost the shirt none the less.
All in all a place to stay with the family if you want that bang for your buck. Good hospitality and overall services make it a winner for budget.

Room Tip: Online booking in advance
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Anantkr
Michael_somerset260, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Somerset, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Thank you for the review of our hotel. We are pleased that you had a good experience here at Staybridge Suites. It is always nice to have all the features of home while being away, so I am glad that you were able to use them. I am sorry for the issue with your dry cleaning and we have discussed this with the dry cleaning company to make sure they do not do something like that again. Thank you for the feedback and we hope to see you soon!
Rego Park, New York
Reviewed May 1, 2011

I stayed at Staybridge Suites for one night with my husband and my parents. It was great that we each were able to get our own room and bathroom. I also enjoyed sharing the living room and kitchen. The breakfast they served was really nice. There was make your own waffles, bagels, Danishes, juice, coffee, tea, and many more things to pick from. Besides, the breakfast we did not use any other amenities, but there was a sports court and a pool (outdoors). I really liked this hotel and would definitely stay in a Staubridge again!

• Stayed April 2011
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed April 16, 2011

Stayed 3 nights in business trip.
Front desk was very friendly and helpful.
I got a 1-bedroom just above the lobby (but I did not get disturbed by any noise). The fridge did not make any noise, which is a problem I often notice when there is a kitchen.
Overall everything went fine. This is clean and comfortable. Of course we can not expect the same level of comfort we would have in a room which would cost twice that price, but this was all fine for the price.
The only major complain is the Wifi connexion in my room. Cable connexion was working OK though.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback of your stay with us. We are very happy that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I am glad that everything was nice and quiet for you during your time with us. I am sorry that the wireless internet was giving you issues; we have since then updated our hotel’s internet service so that the wireless it is faster and easier to use than before. We hope to see you again and thank you for your time!
Woodbridge, New Jersey
Reviewed April 4, 2011

Property is in a non residential office building area that is very quiet. Rooms are relatively large and very well equipped, including full kitchen. Staff professional and attentive. Reasonably priced in one the most expensive parts of the country. It could use a face lift, the television sets show age, and there is the occasional blemish. This is not the first time I have stayed here and it will not be the last.

Room Tip: Join International hotels Priority club and ask.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your review of our stay with us. We appreciate your comments about how you enjoyed our large suites. It is always nice to have some extra space when traveling and the ability to cook with a full kitchen! I know that we are an older hotel but we appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!