“Charming atmosphere, great food great prices”
Review of Luca's Ristorante

Luca's Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Luca's Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 116 Restaurants in Somerset
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between New Brunswick and Princeton, Cozzens and Finnegans Ln
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Lucas's is a quaint little restaurant with a class above, for a strip mall eatery. The atmosphere brings you to an outside cafe on a side street anywhere in Italy . The food confirms your location. The fresh food daily specials, as well as the all time favorites, make visiting often always new and delicious. The service is friendly and very professional, food portions are great. I can't say enough about the great experience, It's a bring your own, liquor store in same strip, or taste the local wine they sell. I recommend the crab corn soup, to die for as well as the veal ossenboucca:)

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We had dinner here last weekend and it was really good. We had mussels, lobster, fried calamari and wild hawaiian salmon and all were delicious. Side dishes are limited and if you need mustard or ketchup bring your own.
The waitress was helpful, very kind and made us feel welcome.
Death by Chocolate is def the best dessert.
Will give it another try.

1  Thank Benhakim M
Reviewed August 26, 2013

It's not right off of I-95, but I'm glad that we chose Luca's as the lunch spot to meet my in-laws who were coming down from Albany, NY (we drove up from Arlington, VA to drop off our kids -- one of whom is Lucas -- with the grandparents). When we arrived, at a little after 1 pm, the small colorful restaurant was practically empty. The assortment of fresh hot breads, the veal (I believe it was the Gremolada) and especially the eggplant rollatini were exceptional. If you like eggplant at all and you don't order the rollatini, you're making a big mistake. The spinach agnolotti special I had were delicate yet rich. The only slight disappointments were the papparadella bolognese and the pizza (why my wife's aunt ordered a pizza at a restaurant of this quality, I don't know). I thought the waitress was attentive without being annoying, though my wife thought she had a bit of an attitude. Since this is my review, I won't dock them a full circle for that. (I'd give Luca's 4 and a 1/2 circles, if you could do that in TA.) Next time I'm driving up or down 95 in NJ, hungry and not in a hurry, I think I know where my stomach will lead me.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I had my son's graduation party catered by Luca's Ristorante. We had shopped around, but Luca's offered the largest selection of delicacies for the most reasonable price. There was plenty of food for all and our guests still rave about how great the food was. I would highly recommend Luca's Ristorante for all events, be it catering or a night on the town.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I was visiting in the area yesterday and a friend took me to this wonderful restaurant. This is a great place. You're first greeted by the ambience, colorful tiles on the wall, very nice woodwork, friendly staff. There's a good size menu, but I ordered the pasta special. The food was great, the desert canolli was fantastic, no problem recommending this place to all!!

It's a ways off the beaten path, but well worth the effort to get there.