“Outstanding...all the way around”
Review of Courtyard Somerset

Courtyard Somerset
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Staff was very friendly, room was big, clean and comfortable. I had to leave the hotel at 7am to make a client meeting so I went down to the Bistro at about 5:50am hoping to get a large coffee. Edith was there at the Bistro and I asked her if I could possibly get a large coffee before she opened. She was extremely nice and let me know that she was actually ready to open and I could get breakfast as well. Very nice way to start my day...thanks Edith!

One more comment on the staff, Courtyard always (in my experience) has good service but the staff here was even better than "normal". This is one of the main reasons I choose Marriott properties.

Room Tip: I always like the higher floors.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Douglas G

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I am a regular it this hotel, and have been completely satisfied every time. Staff is attentive, and always willing to help. The location is not somewhere you would not go unless you had a purpose, but if you need to be in this area, I have never had an issue here.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed here whilst at a wedding. The service was very good, the staff very friendly and polite, with a complementary shuttle bus provided. The room was pretty standard, similar to a travel lodge or something similar, probably could do with a bit of work to the decoration, but it was clean and the bed was comfortable. I would stay here again if I was in the area.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2013

First off I stayed back in June of 2012 for a convention the most I could go back was November so the hotel may have changed by then but here goes;

I was honestly surprised I wasn't really expecting much at all we into a King Room with a pull out couch.

First off as my number one concern is cleanliness. The room was cleaned amazing each and everyday which was super impressive. The pullout couch was even one that didn't break your back when you slept on it and was bearable!

Front desk staff though we hardly ever dealt with them were great when we did and asked for tape for something and the woman came out with scotch and medical, even some band-aids inquiring what we needed and being as helpful as she could be.

The blueberry muffins are great from the little eatery in the lobby :)

All in all I don't really have anything negative to say about this hotel it exceeded my expectations and I would definitely stay again if I was back in Somerset!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed for two nights. Connected well with Steve and had a good discussion on the Flim '42'. Nice elegant place for official tour. Very helpful front desk. Although the location was not the best, but felt absolutely comfortable. Steve apologised the the delay in the taxi I had asked for which shows the amicable atmosphere.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed here for two nights, rooms are big and pretty clean. Internet very fast. Girls at the front desk were very nice and helpful. Maybe the location is not the best, but it served well the purpose of our visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MariusApostol
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This hotel is okay, it served it's purpose for me. We just needed a place to spend the night after attending an event in the area. It was clean and the staff was friendly. What i couldn't get over was the musky smell all over the hotel (even in the rooms). Ruby Tuesday's which is right next door to the hotel also had that smell. Also the walls are thin so you hear everything, not to mention hearing the couple next door make love...

Its perfect for a one night stay, maybe two... but more than that i rather pay more and stay else where.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple