“Simple (too simple...)” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
New York City, New York
“Simple (too simple...)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Very efficient, good for a quick business stay. No frills at all. Rooms have a microwave, coffeemaker and a refrigerator. Safes are only at front desk. This is a middle of no-where hotel. Very reasonably priced; good service but has a "too simple" feel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
tlcsomerset, General Manager at Courtyard Somerset, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for rating the value of our hotel great and our service outstanding. We really appreciate that you took the time to share your wonderful experience with both the hotel and our future hotel guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed here two weeks in a row. Both times I had to be moved from my first room, because of severe problems. The first time the smell of smoke was horrible, the second time the air conditioner was making so much noise I could not stand it...

Both time the rooms were dirty the shower stalls were very dirty, I actually wiped a towel on the walls and took it to the manager, she was very apologetic and said it would never happened again. next week, I started to get a cup of coffee and both cups had dried food in them! I took pictures and gave it to the manager again, she comped me some points, but seriously. I am now going to try the Hiltons in the area, even though I am a long time Marriott Platinum. I have been having problems a lot lately with Marriott...

Oh and the first room actyually had stuff hangin down from the ceiling! This hotel is in need of some care...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Carl_Shea
I appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. I assure you this not our expectations, and will investigate and address your concerns. Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns.
NYCha
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I usually stay here during weekends for my church. It is a good hotel, with nice location, and sizable room. The hotel is 5 story building in a quiet street with lot of hotels around. But most time, I stayed in this hotel, since the staff is nice and warm. There is a Ruby Tuesday restaurant connected to the hotel (you can go in from the hotel, not outside), where I usually order foods from, and the foods are very nice too, not expensive.

The room is comfortable, and quiet, very nice. The hotel is easy access from I287 and New Brunswick, very convenient, recommend this hotel to anybody if you like a weekend stay in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed here for 2 weeks and loved every bit of it. The best part about the property is the staff - they are extremely courteous and helpful. The rooms are nice and spacious with all modern amenities. The hotel is also located close to the highway and has nice restaurants in the vicinity. The breakfast served at the hotel have limited options but is excellent. Overall, I was extremely satisfied and and would love to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Red Hook, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Have stayed here several times while visiting relatives in NJ, and this hotel is consistently very good. Got a great rate with AAA. Pool and hot tub are clean, beds are quite comfy, and the rooms are good sized. Would have liked free continental breakfast, since that's the way most hotels and motels are going recently, but there's a diner and bagel places nearby (check out Kettleman's Bagels...awesome!)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank brianfallis
Dobris, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stayed for a weekend to visit NYC using a promo. I would strongly recommend the hotel. Comfortable newly furnished rooms, clean, helpful staff. I have been planning to stay here again next week with my family but unfortunately no rooms were available. It was very hard to find a hotel with similar quality in the area for such a good price.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank jyrken
Louisville, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights to attend a wedding. The previous 2 nights of our trip were spent at a different chain in South Jersey, and we enjoyed this one much better. Staff were very courteous - the room we were originally given was too close to the elevator and they were very nice about relocating us further down the hall. I left something in the original room and they gave me a temporary key without any hassle. The beds were very comfortable, bathroom was a generous size, and the room was QUIET, including the A/C. Very attractive and updated looking, very clean. One of our party really values good water pressure in a shower, and was extremely pleased. We elected to keep breakfast food in our refrigerator, so we didn't have a chance to try the Bistro. Access to 287 was easy. Great stay overall.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
tlcsomerset, General Manager at Courtyard Somerset, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for staying at the Courtyard Somerset. I greatly appreciate you for taking the time to give feedback about your stay. I'm pleased to know that we're achieving our goal of making each stay an enjoyable, and memoriable stay. I look forward to have back again soon.