“Badda-Bing! This NJ eatery will keep you coming back for more!”
Review of Village Pizza - CLOSED

Village Pizza
Cuisines: Italian
Falmouth, United Kingdom
“Badda-Bing! This NJ eatery will keep you coming back for more!”
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Although I live in the UK, I have been going to Village Pizza for thirteen years when visiting NJ annually. My friends who live locally go far more of course, and it never lets them or me down. VIllage Pizza occupies a modest looking portion of a strip mall in the suburbs of Somerset, NJ, but on the inside it has a rustic feel. But you don't come for the decor, you come for the grub. You can bring your own beer or wine, so I recommend a visit to the liquor store in the mall over the road (the one with the IHOP in it). Make sure you buy something that goes well with a wide range of Italian foods. The Village Pizza menu is big and delicious, and there are always tasty, tempting specials. Your server will bring you a giant basket of bread - but don't fill up on it, because there's more to come. Entrees come with soup or salad, both of which arrive in decent sized portions. My husband and I had the tilapia special - baked in a super tomato and garlic sauce served over spaghetti. In the past I have had the white clam sauce which I love. Other great specialties include the vodka sauce and the pizzas. My daughter enjoyed a creamy, cheesy fettucini alfredo. This is a restaurant good for meaties and veggies alike, with plenty to choose from across meat, fish and veggie options. The portions are satisfying without being stupidly big, which I like, and they're good value at about $15 (especially given that they come with soup, salad and all that bread). Overall, Village Pizza is a hidden gem in the heart of suburban NJ. It's got strong competition in the immediate area and beyond, but I and my NJ friends keep coming back for more. It's the Italian eatery against which UK Italian restaurants continually fail to measure up! Badda-bing!

• Visited July 2011