“THIS PLACE IS AWESOME”

Stage House Tavern
Ranked #3 of 121 Restaurants in Somerset
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: THere are two Stage House Taverns = same ownere. One in Scotch Plains, NJ is on tripadvisor, the Somerset one is not.
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Truly a gem in somerset, love the atmosphere, establishment, food, prices are all great. Just moved into town from the city and its a great local joint to frequent to. Since we've found it we go at least once a week. Always specials and other events going on to make it interesting every time.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This restaurant has changed hands a few times in the nearly 30 years that we have lived in Somerset, but the general quality of the food hasn't changed. There has always been a pretty good salad bar, and the other menu items are always sub-par in my opinion, as if the chef doesn't really care how the food tastes. I have gone for dinner with lady friends, for post-theatre drinks and snacks, for romantic dinners and family dinners. The atmosphere and food are no better than an average diner, but the prices are considerably higher. I will still dine here if friends insist - because it is conveniently located - but I won't go by choice.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Superb atmosphere, Perfect for families or happy hours. Very good food and affordable! Make sure to get there earlier on weekends as it fills up quickly.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I went to Stage House last year for a baby shower and wasn't that impressed. They funneled us out of the party room into the main room for the brunch buffet. The other patrons were annoyed because our line had to snake through the dining room. I felt like the food was just alright that day. However, after another trip recently for dinner, my made was changed for the better. The restaurant was pretty busy but our waitress was attentive. Our friends had to park in a different lot since it was so crowded, but for the trouble, Stage House offered them a free drink. When a large party had come in having had a reservation, our server politely asked us to switch from our table to a booth so they could accommodate them, & again they offered drinks on the house. I really enjoyed the ravioli I had and my husband and our friends enjoyed their food as well. I would go back and try it again.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We visited this tavern on the recommendation of TripAdvisor and are so happy we did. We sat outside where there were fans blowing to help with the heat. We were very comfortable as a result. The outside patio is well designed with a good flow for service and tables built into little niches so conversation was easy.
The menu is well marked for everything they offer that is gluten free and the selection was nice. My only complaint was that most of the items offered were the more expensive things, but that is pretty typical when gluten free. I was thrilled to be able to eat!
I had the salmon over shrimp risotto and found it to be delicious. My friends who are not gluten free had the chicken ravioli and the BBQ burger and fries. Both said their meals were delicious.
Very glad we stumbled upon this restaurant!

1  Thank delane r