“Very, very average”

Piazza Orsillo
Ranked #13 of 111 Restaurants in Somerset
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Piscataway, New Jersey
“Very, very average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I know the owners of this restaurant personally and so I am disappointed in the quality of the food they serve. I had chicken parm and yes it was a huge portion, but there was nothing particularly special about it. It was smothered in too much cheese and a tasteless tomato sauce. It is unfortunate that this is what Italian food has become. From a service and ambiance standpoint, I was not impressed either. It is set in a strip mall and is not in any way inviting from the outside. When I walked in I was greeted right away but I was directed to seat myself. All in all, this is an average, run of the mill pizzeria. Don't expect a "restaurant."

• Visited July 2013

NJ
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Pizza, OK food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

I went recently and ordered Chicken parm.... my husband and a friend ordered the Granny's Pizza with garlic, tomatos, olive oil....oh my! SOOOOOO goood! whereas mine was ok in comparison. Overall, very good!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank ACruz86
Mount Dora, Florida
“Great Service, Ok to Average Italian/Pizza”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

It was Ok, no great shakes, and certainly nothing to write home about. That said the good and the average,

1. The good: Great service and attitude. They aim to please here, from the warm greeting upon entering to our sitting down we were most definitely welcome here. The young girl who served us was very polite and cordial. Everything I asked for came and came promptly.

2. It is a shopping center Pizza Place. Don't expect upscale ambiance but it was neat, clean, and well managed.

3. The average: the food was just alright, it looked better than it tasted. My soup was the best thing, a very nice pasta fagioli. My dinner companions had the veal, and the sausage. No one commented on their food, not good, not bad, a telling sign. No ooh or ahh, and we were hungry, so the fact that there were NO comments was a bad thing.

I opted for the Pizza. They had many varieties of pizza and it was not bad just not memorable or I gotta come back for,,, the crust was crispy good but a bit bland and flavorless. The red sauce was however excellent.

I would return but with an expectation of quality ingredients and service just not eye popping flavor or taste.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Newman019
Somerset, NJ
“Felt like home (but better)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

I took my elderly mother to Piazza Orsillo this evening. The rear dining room was full so we sat in the front in the area which is a little more casual. What a happy accident. Our waiter was friendly and helpful and actually sat down with us to help my mother order. He seemed to know a lot of the people at the adjoining tables and it turned out the people at the next table were family. It was such a friendly atmosphere and the waiter (owner?) actually seemed to care how we and everyone in the restaurant were enjoying their meals. We felt like we were eating in someone's home and not in a strip mall restaurant. The food, by the way, was delicious and authentic and the portions were quite large.

We have been to this restaurant several times, some times for dinner as tonight and other times for pizza. The pizza is every bit as good as any that we ever had in Brooklyn and a welcome surprise in New Jersey.

• Visited October 2012
Somerset, New Jersey
“good location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

ok pizza, not the best, not the worst, but located in a mini mall that has everything you could possibly need

Visited May 2012