“Awesome from a fellow restauranteur”
Review of Ecco Bistro

Ecco Bistro
Ranked #39 of 115 Restaurants in Somerset
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I was staying at Somerset Run for two weeks and really didn't feel like cooking or going out, so we found Ecco Bistro for delivery. The lady who answered the phone was so helpful and pleasant. (and she didn't know I was a restaurant manager for 30 years). We had the Pork Chop w/ gorgonzola (cooked to perfection for delivery) (came moist and delicious) and my hubby had the pizza. The grilled zucchini was awesome, sliced long and grilled with olive oil, and potato (KNISH) item was superb. I only ate half of my meal and enjoyed it again the next day...we received the pumpkin cheesecake and the lemoncello marscopone desserts and they were sooooo great! Kudos to you from a fellow veteran of the restaurant industry...My tripadvisor screen name is verdismanagement if anyone wants any other comments about our experience... Thanks Ecco Bistro!!! We will see you again when we stay in Canal Walk!!!!.

Reviewed September 2, 2011

I was going to rate very good - but that was mainly due to the price - all entrees are under $20 and come with house salad. But some aspects of meal were not in the very good category. Start with the crab cakes - too bready, but good flavor and two for $8 - you do not expect 100% crab. Eggplant rolatini certainly rated very good. Bread with pesto was very good - but was served late (with appetizers instead of first thing). Bourbon salmon was average - sauce a but too spicy - and (advertised) salsa nearly nonexistent. Braised short ribs very good , off bone. Risotto tasty but heavy (as they tend to be). Overall, for about $50 - hard to beat.

Reviewed July 23, 2011

I have eaten at Ecco Bistro a total of 3 times. The first two times the food and service was satisfactory at best. The third time was not a charm, rather a disaster. I ordered their sirloin steak for $20. When I bit into my steak the taste was awful. It did not even taste like beef and I cannot describe the taste other than to say it was inedible. The potato side accompanying my steak was cold. I sent my dish back and told the waitress I didn’t want anything further other than a cup of coffee.
It took forever for my coffee to come and when I was about to cancel my order the waitress said she had something special coming for me. She also mentioned that the chef had tasted my steak and also agreed it was bad. The something special was a complimentary dessert which I, initially, thought was a nice gesture until the bill came and the $20 charge for the steak was on the bill which the waitress stated the manager did not want to remove. After an argument and us asking to speak to the manager the charge was removed from the bill. The manager never showed up. I have never experienced such awful treatment at a restaurant and, BTW, I didn’t eat my free dessert. They can keep it! I also want to note that the waitress was totally inattentive the entire time my party and I were there. Very unprofessional. For those of you willing to try Ecco after this review she is young with long blond hair. Someone to avoid unless you like unprofessional service.

2  Thank AMDiner
Reviewed February 16, 2011

The restaurant is new and clean offering contemporay American and Italian food. Adjacent is a connected Pizza place that we did not visit, we went to the restaurant. I like BYOB - it saves you a lot of money, and they have a liquor shop nearby. The choices cover a wide variety. Food is very fresh, well prepared, nicely presented, and tastes good; nothing went back to the kitchen Service is friendly and personal. Prices are very reasonable, and we will be back.

2  Thank Nemak
Reviewed January 18, 2011

Been here 3 times now for dinner - gets better each time - they have worked out the opening kinks - bread and olive tapenade for the table is terrific!
Prices very reasonable (underpriced?) - service great - would love to have linen napkins at dinner - but I'll go back - had a great meal with husband Saturday night for just $40!.
Agree with other writers that there are too many hard surfaces - can get noisy when crowded. Very accomadating with special orders.
Pizza for lunch is a treat - thin crust, and crunchy - just perfect.
So glad they are here - with too many sports bars, and no strong Italian restaurants in the area - we are looking forward to a long stay with them!

1  Thank friendlyeats