“The Life of Pie”

Cuisines: American
Princeton, New Jersey
“The Life of Pie”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I like pie. Mr Tod makes GREAT pies!! I particularly like the sweet potato and chocolate/pecan pies. I typically don't buy the large pies--no self control. So I'll purchase a sample size of several pies and then share with others. I normally buy these for holiday gatherings or potlucks and people always rave over them.

If you plan to buy them for the holidays, shop early and freeze them. The lines around Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Easter and Mother's Day are oft times long (never saw a long line on Father's day though }:-(

I also had a chance to meet/talk to Mr. Tod and he's a really nice humble guy.

With all of that said, the only reason I can't give it an excellent rating is because I'm loyal to another pie maker...my mom!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank cm l

Somerset, New Jersey
“The very best pecan pie I've ever eaten”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I can thank Mr. Tod for getting me and my husband more dinner invitations. Let me explain: ever since our first visit to this Somerset bakery, based on the strength of a review in a newspaper, we've brought his pies to potluck gatherings. Particularly in the case of his pecan pie, our friends have raved and begged us to bring one the next time. The banana cream pie we once brought to a friend's house for dinner (they had run out of pecan pie that day) was met with oohs and ahhs. Thanks to Mr. Tod, we get lots of requests for visits (as long as accompanied by one of his pies). It feels great to be able to support such an excellent local business.

Visited November 2012
Piscataway, New Jersey
“Mr. Tod Is The Man!”
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

I bought a few pies for Christmas & they were excellent. It's a simple storefront but very clean & tidy, and I loved that I was served by Mr. Tod himself. He has some local notoriety from his successes, and I wasn't expecting such a hands on approach though perhaps that is how he maintains quality. These pies tasted like I baked them (boy do I wish I had his knack). Will definitely be going back this year as I am already planning my order.

1 Thank MaryMcG_11
Edison, New Jersey
“PIE is the new CAKE”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

This place is amazing. Mr. Tod is FAMOUS! He was on Shark Tank and "won". You can smell his pies before you even enter the store. This location doesn't allow you to sit and enjoy your purchase, a major downside because if he had a comfy seating area, he'd probably be more busy (and we'd all be fatter!). But if you're looking for a delicious treat, this is your happy place!

Visited August 2012
“Very Good Pies”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Excellent Pies! Must try the cheesecakes. They usually have pies on standby, however you can preorder, especially for a big event.

• Visited July 2012