“Consistently an excellent stay since 2007”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Somerset
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
La Prairie, Canada
“Consistently an excellent stay since 2007”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have stayed at this property since 2007 and continue to return several times a year. The location is excellent. Major roads, restaurants, supermarkets, banks, pharmacies, and gas stations are easily accessible nearby. Rooms are very spacious with a large bathroom, 2 TV's and a sitting area. The bedding and towels are of high quality and always extremely clean. Housekeeping does a wonderful job. Management and staff are very professional and accommodating on the phone or in person. Thank you to Manager Mariam, and staff members Anthony and Frankie at the front desk. After a long trip, you make check-in fast and easy. Samir, the breakfast manager, greets all guests with a smile and great service. The complimentary hot and cold breakfast buffet included with the reasonably priced room is a nice way to start the day along with a complimentary newspaper, fresh baked cookies, and fast internet service. Thanks to all staff for making guests feel like home!

Room Tip: Rooms on the 4th floor are usually quieter. Let staff know if it is a special occasion (anniversary...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Somerset, NJ
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Fairfield Inn was great place to stay!! I recently started staying at this hotel for business. I stay at least once week and the services are great and the people are very friendly. Staff always goes out of their way to accomodate any needs.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Newton, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed here the first 4 nights of August 2013. My stay was a combo of business and pleasure. Check-in went smoothly and super-fast with friendly hotel staff. My room was clean; I loved the plush towels; the bed was comfy with a pillow top and lots of pillows. The internet service was easy to use and fast! The complimentary breakfast was better than most comp breakfasts I've had elsewhere: good strong coffee, fresh fruit and yogurt choices, and many hot and cold food options. The breakfast room was immaculate and staff were on site to help. I look forward to my next stay at this particular property!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back parking lot are the quietest but any room on the 1st floor is great if you are...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 31, 2013

A nice Fairfield Inn without the normal wear and tear seen at similar hotels. I stayed in a room with a king bed, and a sofa bed pullout. The room was clean and bathroom updated. I didn't have any issues during the one night stay, but did not get a chance to meet the very friendly staff or enjoy the breakfast buffet that was appreciated by other reviewers. I did not give five stars because the room felt dark; kitchenette is really just a refrigerator and coffee machine; and the separate living area had no real partition, just an extension of where the bed was - making it feel quite snug. However, it provided a comfortable night stay, and I would recommend this to family and friends and would have no problems returning.

Abuja, Nigeria
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I wish I remembered the name of the gentleman in charge of breakfast - he's awesome! And he captured the whole essence of the hotel.

Keep it up, Fairfield Somerset. Thank you for being a good part of my vacation.

Clarksville, Maryland
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My family and I (Mom, dad and me) stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. We arrived on a Thursday evening pretty late around 10pm. I had called a couple days before to request late check in and 2 double beds. When we arrived, we met with Anthony at the front desk who was extremely nice and accommodating. He gave us 3 key cards and told us that he gave us a room on the top floor (and had a 2 bed room for us!) because a wedding party was in town and that the 4th floor would be quiet. When we saw our room we were immediately happy. We have stayed at some pretty nice places like Marriott, Hilton, Ritz Carlton and we felt equally as comfortable here (not sure why it's only 2.5 stars). The room was very large. When you first walk in there is a bathroom that was large, a small wetbar area with fridge (clean!) and microwave (didn't work all that well) and coffee maker. The biggest plus was having 2 full length mirrors which was helpful when 2 women are trying to get ready for a wedding. There was also a sofa and chair in the "living room" part along with a full size desk and small wall mounted TV. Then as you walk further in there are 2 beds and another TV and chest. Everything was neat and clean. The linens were well put together and clean and the beds were great to sleep on! Both mornings, we also went to the breakfast area to eat. Let me say, the breakfast was wonderful and the service was amazing (Sameer was his name I think and he was a great help!). He was very cheery in the morning and greeted everyone individually. Check out was very easy as all I had to do was drop off the keys at the front desk and Apria(?) said I was all set because we prepaid. All in all, we were extremely happy with our stay here and best of all we got it for a fraction of the cost because we used Priceline to book our stay! Thank you to the staff for making our stay comfortable.

Room Tip: I would suggest getting a room on the 4th (top floor).
Maryland
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Just here for a day but it was really nice. The staff was great. The room was large and comfortable. Breakfast was fine...even for a vegan. The guy that does the breakfast was very nice and helpful. I used Marriott points. I saw $184 as the room price online... That is a little steep for this property.

• Stayed July 2013