“Probably the Nicest Fairfield Inn I Have Stayed In”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Somerset
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
Winter Haven, Florida
“Probably the Nicest Fairfield Inn I Have Stayed In”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

The Fairfield chain, in my opinion, is meant to be Marriott's answer to "basic" hotels and I tend to put Fairfields at the bottom of the Marriott ladder. However, this Fairfield is a very good hotel and on par with many Courtyards and, to a limited degree, standard Marriott hotels. The room was very spacious. The bedding very comfortable. One of the best hotel internet speeds I have seen (included in the rate). Nice soap/shampoo products. Towels were mostly quite good with even a few bath sheets in the bathroom. TV channel selection was solid and there was room to work. There is a free breakfast but I did not take advantage. My room included a refrigerator and actual glasses (a rarity in the Fairfield line). Check in was very pleasanty with fresh cookies sitting there. I look forward to my return trip later this summer.

Note - there is no onsite restaurant and only a few on this road.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Robert_B037

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Indiana
Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

I really wanted to stay near the convention center, but I was too late. Lucky for me, my room was quite, attractive, up to date, clean, and large. A friend stayed in the Hampton and found bed bugs. So glad I took so long to book a hotel. I had the best room at a similar price to what friends were paying for older, smaller, and less clean. This will be my first choice next year!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank slb13
Plymouth, Michigan
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Four stars overall... our particular room would be a three because of noise. Staff was nice. Decor is new and modern. Floors could have been cleaner. Fitness room is small and there is no pool. Breakfast is included (the basic hotel self-serve breakfast) and the people who work the breakfast room work their tails off. We were there for a wedding and took over about 35 rooms. The wedding was within walking distance (The Palace).

Our room (221) was right above the open lobby so it was VERY noisy. I could hear the lobby phone ringing. Could hear the waffle-iron beeping. The "open plan" is a good looking design but not practical. Stairways reeked of smoke and I found out way... desk employee was smoking in the doorway. Yuck.

Room Tip: Don't get one overlooking the NOISY lobby.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank setter3
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Stayed over Memorial Day and even with soccer teams and several wedding parties, the service was quite good. The setting is a bit off the beaten path but the area is lovely with a river and parks nearby. The ro was nice but a bit crammed with a rollaway. Breakfast was excellent with strong assortment of food. Easy parking, easy acces to Turnpike and 287 so a great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Jbshkg
connecticut
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We usually stay at Fairfield Inns but this property was above all our expectations! It was a very busy wedding weekend at the hotel but we had a very quiet room, easy parking, and a good breakfast despite the crowd. It seemed as if the staff here were very dedicated to helping the guests to have a good experience. We were able to check in early, too, which really helped us. The room was very clean and spacious for the four adults sharing the room. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We would recommend a lower floor room due to the busy elevators during wedding season.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank wabect
East Lyme, CT
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I echo most of the reviews that I read for this hotel on TA. This is a "value" hotel with many of the better quality elements. I had a clean room, with those BIG thirsty towels in the bath. The breakfast is the usual (included) breakfast, not bad, but what free breakfasts usually are in these hotels. The service for breakfast was very accommodating. In general, the hotel staff was very accommodating and the room nicely outfitted (2 LCD TV's). The location is convenient to most necessities in the area. It was also a quite location and I had a front-of-the-hotel room.
Bottom line, I recommend this hotel if you are staying in the area...and if you are a Marriott points member, the value is even better.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank PfredIII
nyc
Reviewed March 27, 2012

we stayed at this property the weekend before valentines day,, great price,, nice jaccuzi style tub in room.. large clean rooms,, and im a vanatic about bed bugs,, checked all rooms and bedd, and couches,, all clean.... quiet area , more corparate then residential,, the free continental breakfast same as most but the frozen breakfast sanwhiches are a nice touch,,, and i love waffles,, all and all staff over the top nice,, property nice,,have no complaints about our stay

Room Tip: cannot say my room was a great quiet nice sized room,, get the jacuzzi tub,, well worth it
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple