“Amazing Bi-lavel suites”

Madison Suites Hotel
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
Reviewed February 3, 2014

its was grate pleasure to stay at Madison Suites hotel, in somerset NJ.
Morning Breakfast with garden view & water falls is grate.
Front desk staff very helpful & cooperative for New york City tour.
It worth to stay with your family, very frandly & safe environment, I definitely command this Hotel

Room Tip: Rooms with skylights are grate. Very romantic at night during full moon...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Madison S, Front Office Manager at Madison Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Yes we do have special unique suites with two floors which give different kind of stay experience to our guest.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I found the Madison suites to be a truly well run establishment.
The staff was very kind, very capable and they got me set up in my room quickly.
The room was very clean, the refrigerator and microwave were also clean and in like new condition. the big scree flat screen TV offered enough good channels to always give me an alternate pasttime to my work.

The location is good in that it is close to New Brunswick and the Train to NY NY and you can also catch the Raritan Liine to go south especially if you work with Janssen , JNJ or Ortheo Pharma.

The room rates are very competitive and in the end as often as I travel ( monthly , nationally for the last 6 years) I can say you cannot beat the price and you get a large room beds are truly comfortable and super clean. I always had hot water, and enjoyed my three day stay. I am DEFINITELY going bask esp. since they are renovating the suites on the second floor and opening a new restaurant by Spring 2014
good Deal, great Staff, sleep well its quiet

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Because I was looking for a place to rest my head while on business, I wasn't all that picky about the accommodations. The room was clean and the hotel was as clean as it could be considering it was under renovation. However, all the fixtures in the room were extremely outdated (I felt like I stepped onto the set of The Brady Bunch) and some of the amenities advertised online and confirmed as available when I called the front desk 1 week prior to booking my stay were not available (fitness center was under renovation at that time as well). The personnel were extremely friendly.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
madisonsuiteshotelnj, Webmaster at Madison Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind words about our staff. We’re pleased to serve you. We’ve changed the hotel in many ways since the time of your stay and now provide an even nicer experience than before. We hope you’ll try us again to see how we satisfy even the pickiest guests with ease now.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is an old hotel. New owners are replacing and upgrading. Carpet is old, rooms also.
This hotel fits in the "value" category. I have paid more for "outside door" motels in worse shape.

Staff is extremely nice and helpful. Room has micro-fridge which is useful if you are on special diet and do not use hotel supplied breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for noticing that our hotel has changed and improved. We’re now much better than ever before. We hope you’ll visit us again soon so you can see how much better we are than during the time of your stay. But don’t worry: we’re sill friendly and helpful and we still have microwaves and refrigerators in all rooms.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I am a frequent guest at this facility. It has duplex suites, that is, rooms with two floors (connected with a staircase within the suite), which contain two bathrooms and two tvs within the same suite. With two floors, these rooms are larger than most standard hotel rooms.

The new owners have been making many improvements and it offers a great value for the stay.

I find the managment and staff to be very friendly and they are always willing to go out of their way to help.

I would recommend this place and, if you can swing the extra expense, book a duplex suite. Having two floors with two bathrooms and two tvs is worth it.

JS

Room Tip: If you can swing the extra expense, book a duplex suite. Having two floors with two bathrooms and tw...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My husband & I booked a two day tour of Washington DC & New York. We had no choice of where to stay. We traveled nearly an hour outside of New York after a long day of sight seeing to end up at this dump for the night. From the outside, the motel looked decent, the lobby was inviting. The nightmare began when we got keys and entered our room located on the first floor. The 1st thing I remember was the musky smell, I turned on the air conditioner but first noticed the black dirty filter where the air comes out. I remember thinking "I hope our immune systems survive the night". The air conditioner blew cold air, kicked off, blew hot air, cold-hot, cold-hot. The carpet was thilthy, stained, and from the 70-s. I told my husband I wasn't walking without shoes on that dirty carpet. The mattresses were thin and had to have been 30 years old. There were stains on the so called mattress pads. There were electrical outlets with no covers. I checked for bed-bugs, but couldn't tell. We kept our suitcases, etc on the tables. I lined up all the pillows and slept on top of them. In the morning I had two bites on my ankles and there were black "mites" on the bottom of the sheets. Awful experience.

Room Tip: DO NOT stay here. If they ever received good reviews, it was hired done.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ash P, Manager at Madison Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear Linda K,

Please accept my apology for the less than perfect experience you had during your stay here Madison Suites in Somerset. I understand that you did not find our hotel as par your expected standard. We take such issues very seriously and I have discussed this with related department supervisors. There is no excuse for what you encountered.

Although I can assure you that what you noticed could be an isolated scenario and what you experienced is not our everyday culture.

However, I am not sure why our staff was never notified any of this during your stay with us or up on check out. Such effort could have given as an opportunity to make it right for you and make your stay more comfort and enjoyable.

I hope you can overlook this incident and give us another chance when in this area again in future.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Warm Regards!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I can't believe people are actually giving good reviews to this hotel! We we're booked at this hotel by our bus tour operator for a 3 day trip to New York City last weekend. Where to start?

The hotel exterior and reception desk looked just fine and we we're happy to get to our room after a long bus ride in. We received two cards and ordered some beers to relax at front desk. We got up to our room on the second floor and that is where the fun stopped.

The air was musty and it was very humid in the room. Some light switches didn't work and when we opened all the lights we we're shocked at what we saw. Water stains all over the ceiling and some areas of the wall, missing closet door in entryway, very old brown comforters and generally old and beat-up furniture. There was no bed base at this hotel: both beds in the room we're directly on the ground and had beat-up headboards. One was rock hard and the other too soft. We picked the softer one.

The washroom was the worst part: Mold on the shower curtain, red stains on the outer side that appeared to be blood, moldy grout, old discolored bathtub and an even older non-slip mat in the tub. Shower rack with no rack and a loose bracket, no kleenex box, rusted sink and eighties-looking green counter top. We took our showers as fast as we could to get out of that nasty tub. I never walked barefoot on the carpet or sat directly on the comforter after seeing the state of the room.

Also, crappy old AC unit that only worked properly after I removed the blocked dusty aur filters at the front and a very large crack on the ceiling.

The next morning several people complained to the tour guide about the poor quality of the rooms and one couple even said they scratched all night! It seems as if they are just waiting to go bankrupt.

We took pictures to prove everything to the agency and will be asking for a full reimbursement.

The hotel is located one hour away from downtown New York. WAY too far, considering the fact we must have past about 40 hotels on the way over there.

DO NOT BOOK HERE AND ASK YOUR TOUR OPERATOR WHICH HOTEL YOU WILL BE STAYING AT BEFORE DEPARTING!

I hope this helps anyone in the future. This was the worst part of the entire trip by far.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank J F

Dear J F,

I hope this message finds you well. I was just reviewing guest comments here at this site, and noticed how you have rated the hotel. I apologize for a less than perfect experience you had during your stay here at Madison Suites.

Generally with large groups and tour bus we do not accommodate every guest individually but the tour guide or group organizer gets all room keys to distribute among the group members. However, there is no excuse for what you’ve experience and we take such issues very seriously and I assure you that this is an isolated issue and what you encountered was not our everyday culture.

Our front office is 24 hours open and a manager on duty is available to assist our guests and make their stay more comfortable and fun, whenever a guest makes an effort to acknowledge us of the issues they are having during their stay. Our well trained staff often goes extra miles to make our guests happy but, we would not know if we were not told of the issues during the stay.

However, none of our effort could bring the downtown New York closer to our hotel.

Once again I apologize for inconveniences that occurred during your stay. In future I look forward to see you again as our valued guest, and assure you of your future stay should exceed your expectations.

Warm Regards,