“A MUST if you are near Ocean City, NJ!”

Anchorage Tavern & Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 77 Restaurants in Somers Point
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed May 7, 2019

Always a favorite with the locals, you will not be disappointed here, whether you are looking for something light, casual or top of the line entree, they make it all❣️The prices are amazing for the quality and quantity of deliciousness, I guarantee you won’t walk out hungry and an amazing value! Do yourself a favor and try it, I promise it won’t be your last visit

Date of visit: May 2019
2  Thank Elizabeth H

Reviewed May 4, 2019 via mobile

Decided to try a place that we have never tried before and this was the place. When we arrived the parking lot was packed. Good sign! Had to wait 45 minutes to be seated. A good place is worth the wait, right? We were seated in an area that was enclosed outside. Chairs were plastic lawn chairs that were a little uncomfortable. The waitress was very personable and well attentive. We ordered shrimp scampi with broccoli that was very under cooked and filet mignon. Both were flavored ok, but the filet was gristly and fatty. In my opinion filet is one of the best cuts of meat and should not have any fat or gristle. I did not eat a quarter of the 11 ounce steak. We let the waitress know and she gave us a discount that we told her we did not want. It was a nice gesture. Sorry but we won’t be back.

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank _cristfamily
Reviewed April 19, 2019 via mobile

Lunch with friends. Had the clam chowder and crab sandwich. Both yummy. Nice portions. Very good flavor and spices in soup. Crab sandwich came with chips and lettuce and tomato with a tasty lime sauce. Highly recommend.

1  Thank TeriPugh
Reviewed April 16, 2019

while visiting Ocean City I was looking for a place to enjoy some seafood. This restaurant has been in business for over 100 years! we were there on a Saturday night and new from previous reviews that it would be busy. we waited for over an hour but the wait was well worth it! The staff are all very friendly and helpful. I chose the seafood au la gratin over linguine, the best I have ever had. My wife had the sea scallops which were grilled to perfection. do not miss this place if you are in the area.

1  Thank Mike6022
Reviewed April 12, 2019 via mobile

Whether you want a full meal, burger or just apps this is the spot. We have eaten here many times over the years and have never been disappointed. My personal favorite is the pulled pig sandwich. We have had everything from a seafood dinner to wings. Even the Italian is good. They have a hugh selection of beers, both on tap and in bottles, and drinks are very good and fairly priced. The staff is very friendly and attentive even when they are really crowded. Decor is old time tavern. When it is in full summer mode the wait can get lengthy at times and parking is tough. Try to get there early and enjoy the menu. I gave it 4 stars due to parking and wait times with no reservations.

1  Thank gk347N