“The people who wrote bad reviews... Where did they eat?”
Review of The Crab Trap

The Crab Trap
Ranked #1 of 68 Restaurants in Somers Point
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: The Crab Trap The Finest Seafood Restaurant in Somers Point. In business for over 40+ Years! Family owned & Operated. Voted "Best Seafood Restaurant", "Gold 2009 Press Reader's Poll", Voted "Best Lobster Dinner", "Bronze 2009 Press Reader's Poll" in Somers Point.
Reviewed November 28, 2010

I'm so confused by the bad reviews of the Crab Trap that I wonder if they ate at the same place. My wife and I have been eating there, and taking friends and family there for years and have never experienced anything bad. I'm not sure about the review where the person said they were served hamburger buns in the bread basket... My wife loves their bread so much that she has commented many time that she would eat there just for the bread. The person who was upset because someone was chewing gum? Really?

High prices? If a cheap meal is your concern go over the bridge into Ocean City and at, I think the second light, is the McDonald's

The Crab Trap is great food and good service all year round!

1  Thank HannibalSmith

Reviewed November 24, 2010

Recently me and my husband visited your establishment and were very uncomfortable with the way the greeter was speaking to the other greeter. She was very rude and loud with the way she spoke to her other co worker. We were embarrassed for the one greeter. Just because, it was the first impression that we obtained it ruined our dining experience for the remainder of the evening. While we were being seated by our greeter we mentioned our discomfort and she apologized and was very sweet. We will never return again....

Reviewed November 14, 2010

This is one of our most favorite restaurants. We visit every time we are in South Jersey. The seafood is fantastic, and we have never been disappointed. We just ate there Tuesday night, and it was so good we returned Wednesday night for dinner. We ordered crab cakes, scallops, and shrimp. They could not have been better. The service is very good considering it is such a busy restaurant. It has a great bar. I gladly give this establishment our 5 star rating.

Reviewed October 13, 2010

I know some people expect the world when they go out to dinner and I am one of them. I was a waitress for almost four years before I decided to join the United States Army so I know there is no excuse for some of the comments about the wait staff even charging a customer for oyster crackers. That's unacceptable. Honestly people sometimes there is nothing you can do...I Love the crab trap and go there everytime I finally get a chance to go home and see my family. It really is a great restaurant.
They have fresh seafood and great steaks (My father even worked there in his teens and he's 62!!! ) Also just putting it out there i do not currently have relatives working there i just love the restaurant. Everything is fantastic and human error takes a part in everything in life FYI lol... don't use that to influence weather or not u go here.... it's worth it....embrace the quirky atmosphere you may even have fun... Seriously wirth it. Things to try... crab au gratin, prime rib, she crab soup... wonderful

1  Thank LcM1988FfB
Reviewed September 24, 2010

Always a great meal and if you catch the early bird you cannot find a better deal at the shore.