“Consistently good”
Review of The Crab Trap

The Crab Trap
Ranked #1 of 68 Restaurants in Somers Point
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: The Crab Trap The Finest Seafood Restaurant in Somers Point. In business for over 40+ Years! Family owned & Operated. Voted "Best Seafood Restaurant", "Gold 2009 Press Reader's Poll", Voted "Best Lobster Dinner", "Bronze 2009 Press Reader's Poll" in Somers Point.
“Consistently good”
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Wife and I had early dinner tonight here. We got seated right away. Server was prompt and friendly. I had my favorite crab imperial which is exceptionally good ever time. Wife had filet which was excellent too. Always have good experience at Crab Trap!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Be prepared to wait but it is worth it”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

The food was excellent the prices were high. We waited 2 hours to be seated but it was worth it. This is a once a summer kind of a meal.

• Visited June 2013
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
“Food Excellent but the Service was the worst!!”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

This is truly my favorite restaurant in the area. The prices are very reasonable for the excellent quality of the food you receive. The service is always just as good. Was there for lunch today and it was the worst service I have received in any restaurant in a long time. Our server, Beth, was gone for long periods of time, and did not offer us the items that came with our meal selection. We had to tell her that soup and dessert came with the meal and she would just brush it off. She never offered to refill our drinks, never checked on us to be sure our meal was acceptable. We felt as if we were a bother to her. Very disappointed.

• Visited March 2014
Petersburg
“"Seems to be changing"”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We have been eating here for years...and you get used to consistency. At the end of last summer we noticed the fresh lemons were disappearing from the iced tea and being replaced with bottles of lemon juice. When we inquired with the waitress about it, she told us that lemons are very expensive now and this is how they are saving money. I'm sorry, but you can go to McDonalds and get as many fresh lemons as you want. Returned for lunch this past Sunday and was told of another change. They have great daily specials and will usually get one of these if we are having lunch....enjoy getting an iced tea included in the price and a small dessert (pudding, ice cream, rice or bread pudding). I order the lobster crab cake and was told if I wanted a side salad (that always came with the lunch specials) I would have to give up the two sides (ex. cole slaw and sweet potato cup). The waitress told us this was a new change instituted and you have to get the soup. I am not really a soup person and really enjoy the salad. The waitress told me that they are getting numerous complaints about this "new" change. Sometimes change isn't good.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank kpfjadip
Los Angeles, California
“Consistent Food & Service”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Must-have every time I'm in south NJ. Agree with previous reviews - gets busy! Bar/lounge sometimes faster, and happy hour is a great time to try it out. Lounge nights attract older guests but the live bands are good. Expect a wait during high season unless you dine early, especially with kids. Plenty of parking. Food is consistent - try the clams casino or lump-crab cocktail. Their website is current (menus) and they do take-out, which I've done many times, and quality is not compromised. I often sit at the bar unless I'm with a group, and the bartenders are attentive and friendly. Ask for Kathy - she makes a slamming vodka martini.

Note: some reviews mention inconsistent quality - I usually go about the same time of day, and probably have the same chef. Also there a lot in off-season when kitchen is less crazed. This place is extremely popular in summer (proximity to Ocean City & GSP access) which might affect table experience.

• Visited January 2014