“Seafood Lover's Dream” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Crab Trap

The Crab Trap
Ranked #1 of 67 Restaurants in Somers Point
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Crab Trap The Finest Seafood Restaurant in Somers Point. In business for over 40+ Years! Family owned & Operated. Voted "Best Seafood Restaurant", "Gold 2009 Press Reader's Poll", Voted "Best Lobster Dinner", "Bronze 2009 Press Reader's Poll" in Somers Point.
Pitman, New Jersey
“Seafood Lover's Dream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

Went here for lunch with friends for a birthday celebration. Got there about 1pm on a Saturday. Not crowded when we arrived, but 3 hrs later when we left, standing room only. It's easy to understand why.
The food is wonderful. Cooked to perfection and large variety of choices for all tastes. The staff is friendly and helpful. We never felt rushed even when the tables began to fill up.
I had the broiled scallops and they were tender and seasoned perfectly. The whipped sweet potatoes are beyond description.
Looking for a place to take friends or guests? This is the place. You'll be everyone's hero.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Barbara B

Somers Point, New Jersey
“Everyone loves the CrabTrap”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

Very good meal..I have not been here for quite some time because it is always sooo busy and a long waiting time. The place looks so nice since my last visit.. The food was good and the service was ok.

Visited January 2014
Suffolk, Virginia
“"Once Upon a Time, a Fine Seafood Restaurant"”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

Stopped in for apy's last night, 30 January. YUK! We do not live in NJ anymore, but whenever we travel here, we did enjoy visiting this seafood legend in Somers Pt. In the past, the seafood served here was second to none. However, last evening, it was not even close to what we were accustomed to. Only the PEI oysters were super. The clams casino, crab cakes, crab bisque and crab balls were mediocre at best. Very disappointing! Who the hell was in the kitchen? The food reminded me of something that came from CISCO! Not homemade, handmade by chefs at the Crab Trap. If I wanted to eat this type of seafood, I would have gone to Captain Baba's in Des Moines. Where was the consistency? The place was packed to the rafters. Everyone was ho- hoing and hee-heeing and filling their pie holes with food and drink that was substandard at best. Somehow, when you're half in the bag, everything tastes good I guess. Go figure!!! When I spend $100. for seafood, I expect some really tasty, enjoyable cuisine. Hopefully, the Crab Trap will get back on track again soon.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jazzdaddy
Jersey Shore
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

My husband and I went to the Crab Trap for lunch and it was definitely one of the best lunch meals that we ever had. Started with Caprese Salad, clams, soup and their sweet bread. Lunch was crispy crab cakes (was not fried) and beer battered cod. I chose the pasta over the 2 sides and my husband got the scalloped potatoes and applesauce. Everything was amazing. We sat at the bar since the dining room was packed and got excellent service and the bartenders were very friendly. This place has always been on my A+ list for dinner but now it's on my A+ list for lunches.

Ocean City, New Jersey
“New Year's Eve at the Crab Trap”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Celebrating New Year's Eve at the Crab Trap is really special. The price is very good, $65.00 per person. That includes a wonderful meal( I had the broiled lobster tail) and a DJ who also sang with the music. It was a very festive night, with a crowd who loved to dance. The manager, Scott Bryant is always so pleasant and helpful.