“THE BEST!!!”
Review of The Crab Trap

The Crab Trap
Ranked #1 of 69 Restaurants in Somers Point
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Description: The Crab Trap The Finest Seafood Restaurant in Somers Point. In business for over 40+ Years! Family owned & Operated. Voted "Best Seafood Restaurant", "Gold 2009 Press Reader's Poll", Voted "Best Lobster Dinner", "Bronze 2009 Press Reader's Poll" in Somers Point.
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The best seafood restaurant i have ever been to in my life...we had the oysters out of this world calms casino delish!!!! the crispy crap cake were soooo good!!! The wait to eat is long but well worth it!!! They have a bar in the back called crabby jacks on the water beautiful water view and great music!!!! The waitress Megan was a doll...we were in atlatic city for the weekend it was about a 15 min ride,,only regret is i wish i lived closer i would be there every weekend!!!!

1  Thank Lisa B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,019)

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Went last week. Go a lot. Like to sit and eat at the bar. Bartenders are great and knowledgeable. Great lunch specials to mix it up. Eaten there regularly for 20 years and NEVER have received a bad meal.
Recent visit I saw they were advertising soft shell crabs for dinner. We were there for lunch. I asked our bartender about the soft shells. She said she didn't think they had been delivered yet. She checked and they were in. They offered to make me a lunch meal with them. SWEET! They were excellent. Talk about customer service.

1  Thank Michael L
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

A lady at our hotel recommended we try The Crab Trap for dinner while visiting Ocean City, she said they have the best crab cakes.We tried it that evening and it was delicious! We liked it so much that we ate at The Crab Trap again before we left. We were only in Ocean City for 5 days. I liked the food and they have a parking lot to park in so no need to find parking on the street.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed in Ocean City, came here for a little night snack. Great Food, clams on the 1/2 shell were double stuffed meaty, great salads. Very moderately priced wine list and menu. They had a guy playing guitar and singing. This place is fairly large, yet still has a nice seaside feel.
My 2 Cents: Sit at the Bar, great service, great view of the musician, order a bottle of wine and some clams, and your set.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband and I have been going to the Crab Trap since my sons were small children. That is 35 + years. We have never had a bad meal at the Crab Trap. In the summer months you may have to wait, but the food is definetly worth the wait. We have never ever had a bad meal here and 99.5 percent of the time the service is excellent....I live at the shore (in another shore town and we live 25-30 minutes from this restaurant and we go there winter and summer at least 2 times per month. There is not another restaurant along the Jersey Shore from Ocean City to Wildwood Crest that could stand up to this restaurant. We have been to a lot of restaurants along the coast and the prices are ridiculous, the food is not as good as the crab trap, and a lot of the times the food is not hot at these other restaurants when it is served. We have never been served a cold meal at the crab trap. The prices are reasonable - my friend and I went to a restaurant in Strathmere last week and paid $35.00 for stuffed flounder. It was served luke warm and was not as tasty at all like the crab traps stuffed flounder and it was 12.00 more. The people that are writing negatives comments about this restaurant are wrong. Anyone that you talk to has nothing but good things to say about this establishment. And because it is so good, my sons who now have children of their own go to the crab trap with their wives. So for those of you that are ready the comments negative and positive my advice to you is try it and form your own opinion. And remember in the summer (because the Crab Trap) is known for its good food you will have to wait, anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour. But in the end you will enjoy your lunch or dinner very much. Enjoy.