“great seafood!”
Review of The Crab Trap

The Crab Trap
Ranked #1 of 69 Restaurants in Somers Point
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Description: The Crab Trap The Finest Seafood Restaurant in Somers Point. In business for over 40+ Years! Family owned & Operated. Voted "Best Seafood Restaurant", "Gold 2009 Press Reader's Poll", Voted "Best Lobster Dinner", "Bronze 2009 Press Reader's Poll" in Somers Point.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

One of our favorite restaurants, but there is usually a long wait to get in. The crab bisque is one of the best I have tasted - creamy and loaded with crab meat. The food is always fresh and always good, no matter how busy they are.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,019)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I don't get the fuss about this place. There is always a wait, and locals rave about it, but I never particularly enjoy it. Not bad food, but nothing great either.

1  Thank JAC763
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I go here 3 or 4 times a yr never had a meal other than excellent. In summer a d early fall there is usually a wait of about 1/2 hr but it is always worth it best seafood anywhere and the landlubbers meals are very good also. Try it you' ll like it

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stopped here for lunch Oct. 21. Saw the rating on the IPad as we were driving home from Cape May. It was very busy. 98% were senior citizens. It is a large restaurant. The bread came out very warm and was very good. My husband had the crab bisque to start and that was delicious. Very hot and creamy. I ordered the crab cakes on a salad. The crab cakes were mostly bread filled, seemed like they were frozen and certainly not freshly made. My husband had the Maryland crab bites appetizer for lunch and he said they were OK. I don't think I would recommend the restaurant and I certainly would not go back.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

All though it may be a bit out of the way, but I have not been disapointed in either the quality of the food or the quanity. Even though they were very busy anwe had a group of 8 people, we were well taken care of by our server and other staff. No one at our table had a bed thing to say about our visit and everyone vowed to return when in the area again. Can't wait till next week!.Our server (Joyce) was able to provide great individual service as well as individual checks after a busy service! I would highly encourage anyone passing through the area of Somers Point, NJ, to take a few minutes and break from the fast food chains, and have a real meal and great service!