“Great bar/restaurant”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Charlie's is a loud sports bar (just like it should be) with a great atmosphere and even greater food. This quality of food is not usually found in a sports bar. We were seated as soon as we got there. Service was great...menu had plenty of choices for everyone and at reasonable prices. Large parking lot. Don't miss this one!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

If you want a great plate of wings, this is the place to go. Charlie's is a shore favorite....despite generally the wait times and difficulty parking sometimes. My husband went there twice in two weeks. It is loud and despite how busy they are, service is prompt. I ordered the crab bisque - very thick and I probably wouldn't order it again. My husband had the triple decker club sandwich with fries and it was huge. I ordered the small portion of wings and it was still too much ...I had to take some home. Next time, I will order a children's portion! Waitresses are busy, busy , busy but attentive and efficient. They do a great job for such a busy and noisey place.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

My wife, son, and i were staying in Ocean City and decided that we'd like a beer with our lunch. We drove around Longport and Margate and past several upscale, high priced eateries. I didn't want to spend $100 for lunch, so, we headed back home passing through Somers Point, when I spotted Charlie's Bar & Restaurant on the left. We were welcomed immediately and seated. I noticed that several of the other customers were senior citizens like my wife & me, so we felt quite at home with the quiet atmosphere. We shared 35 wings and drought beer, with the total of under $40 including the tip. The waitress was very efficient and friendly. Also, the restroom was clean, a big plus in my book. We'll come back again soon to try more selections from their amazing menu. Also, they have a nice space in the back if you want to plan a private party. It looks like it will seat around 50-60 people. Hope this is helpful to you. Thanks.

1  Thank Rusty610
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Locals rave over the wings.. I dont see it.. Like eating fried chicken with hot sauce. Real Buffalo wings are not breaded(go to Buffalo and try them)Waitresses are all super. Open and serves late which is great for my schedule. Never had anything that I could say wow over.

Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

It is a nice place but kind of crowded and loud. The service is really great, quick and attentive. The food was pretty good. Not mind blowing but very good.