“For a Tasty Shore Experience, try Smitty's Clam Bar”
Review of Smitty's Clam Bar

Smitty's Clam Bar
Ranked #2 of 68 Restaurants in Somers Point
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Down the Jersey shore, at Somer's Point, is Smitty's Clam Bar, a funky, beachy place with tasty seafood. The fish and seafood are very fresh, as one would expect, and not everything is fried. The specials provide good value. However, for me, the best of Smitty's are the clam chowders, either Manhattan, or New England, depending on your tastes. It's is a good place to chow down, after a trip to Ocean City.

There are newer reviews for Smitty's Clam Bar

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Be ready to sit at the counter and you'll have a delicious shore seafood meal at bargain prices.There aren't any reservations for the tables, so if you hold out for them, you'll be waiting quite a while. The soups are UNBELIEVABLE!!..and the other fish can't be beat ..Enjoy.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

If you love seafood-clams............This is the place for you-No frills just simple eat at the side of the dock coleslaw is the best.....

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Nice down to earth local business on the bay in Somers Point. Have some good food & meet a few locals

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I wish this place accepted reservations. We went on a Tuesday night at 7 and there was a 45 minute wait. My son is autistic so we knew that was not going to happen. We decided to go the next night at 4:30 as soon as they opened and got a table no problem. We were among about 25 people waiting for the placed to open. That is how good this place is. I read reviews saying it was dirty but we sat right at a table next to a window and I am happy to say the windowsill was clean. The service was perfect. My husband ordered raw clams instead of steamers and they took it back no problem and returned with his steamers very quickly. The New England Clam Chowder is delicious. We loved it so much that my husband went back to pick some up for take out to bring home with us to PA. My husband and I both had the broiled seafood platters in wasabi sauce and it was very good. We were in and out in 45 minutes too which was perfect for my son. We will definitely be back next year.