“Wow i think you have to work hard to be this bad, how is this place still around?”
Review of Presto - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Presto
Cuisines: Italian
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I've eaten at many good restaurants and many bad restaurants. This place however was so bad i decided to take the time out of my day to create a profile and post a review. The food was fair at best the service was by far the worst i've ever had. It seemed as if our server was on drugs(if he wasn't i'd be amazed) They're located in a super market strip mall and have terrible ambiance and terrific floor to cieling windows that give you a great view of the parking lot. If your a local I'm sure you know of plently of nice hard working restaurants in the area this one is not worth it, and if your on vacation don't waste your hard earned money on this place ruin a night of your vacation.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank OCsurf72

Linwood, New Jersey
“Addictive Gnocchi!”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The gnocchi is the lightest I've ever had, not as heavy as most are. Wonderful sauces too. The soups are very good also. The only problem is they advertise a "gnocchi happy hour" w/1/2 price gnocchi, but last time I was there the waiter said I had to have coupon. It's advertised in the Money Mailer, but not as a coupon. The gnocchi is really worth any price tho. The server could use a little help. He's pleasant enough--nothing extra-- but rushes and runs from one table to the next. Even w/only 4 tables he runs by you. He also answers phone and takes to go orders tho. So good I get it once a week when I can!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Joker502
Egg Harbor Township
“Terrible experience”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I would never go back to this restaurant. Four of us went about a month or so ago, and were very disappointed. For starters, the guy that set our silverware down handled it by the end you eat with! We were shocked. The gnocchis, though not terrible, were NOT GNOCCHIS. They are hard to describe, but I've eaten gnocchis in a hundred Italian restaurants (including in Italy) and these more closely resembled manicotti. And in my opinion were overly-drenched with sauce.

To add insult to injury, when three of us ordered Diet Coke, we were told that they only had enough for one Diet Coke.

I absolutely love gnocchis and was looking forward to a restaurant that specialized in them. Presto, however, is NOT that restaurant.

• Visited November 2012
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
“Forget the setting - The food is pretty good!”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Located in the Shoprite strip shopping center in Somers Point, NJ, Presto can be easily overlooked (In fact, the business name sign was not lit up tonight!) or dismissed as just another pizza place. Well, I didn't try the pizza yet, but this place is most well known for its gnocchi and that is really good!. I had ordered a small take-out dinner last month, but hubby and I ate in the restaurant for the first time tonight. I had gnocchi with shrimp, crab meat, and blush sauce (with bits of asparagus mixed in at my request). Hubby had veal with garlic/lemon/butter sauce and black olives and he enjoyed that. Coffee and home made tiramisu were both quite good.

• Visited November 2012
“Delicious and worth the trip!”
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Don't be put off by the strip mall location! The food is excellent and the service was as well. Gnocchi is the specialty and I insist that you try it as an appetuzer even if you think you do not like gnocchi! It is the best Italian pasta dish I have ever eaten! I ordered the fish special which was branzino and my husband ordered the Gnocchi with shrimp and lump crabmeat. We shared everything and both were delicious. We also love that this is a BYOB which helps keep the overall cost down.

1 Thank Wildmanjc