“Happy Hour”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Diner Bar & Grille
Reviewed April 6, 2014

My recent review of The Windjammer restaurant in Somers Point, NJ inadvertently appeared in Smitty's Clam Bar. So I'll review Windjammer again. Went to Windjammer for Happy Hour. Their off season Happy Hour is from 3 to 7 PM. We arrived about 5:45 and there were lots of cars in the lot. Inside seating at the tables had a nice turnout. There was plenty of room at the bar. There were six of us and we sat comfortably together. Bartender immediately took our drink orders and presented us with menus. Appetizers are half prices d drinks are discounted. There is a large selection of apps and we each ordered two. Generous portions and fun to share.
The bartenders, Jill and Ashley were pleasant, sociable, and very efficient. The bar quickly filled with patrons and the bartenders did a fantastic job of keeping everyone served. The food was well prepared and tasty.
We want to go back to The Windjammer for dinner on our next visit to Somers Point. The restaurant is nice looking and clean. The staff serving the tables also appeared professional and efficient. Can't wait to go back.

1  Thank Frank D
There are newer reviews for The Windjammer Diner Bar & Grille

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Had lunch with my wife. Basically a fancy diner with a bar. Atmosphere is nice. Food was OK. My wife had salmon and I had the Turkey Burger. Both were good. Nothing great but good diner food. The fries with the burger were typical limp fast food fries. Unfortunately service was bad. There were only 5 occupied tables so they were not busy. Our waitress served our meal and never came back to check on us once. We did not see her until we were finished. I guess she was too busy talking to the other staff members. Good diner food, unacceptable service!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Had breakfast. Chef should be ashamed of himself. The potato's we were served were barely edible. When management was informed they did nothing about it. Served us garbage and then made us pay for it. Not the first time food was bad.

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I've been taking my family to the Windjammer since it open a few years back (don't ask me why it's taken this long to leave a review because I have no idea) and probably have eaten there more than a dozen times. This includes eating there this evening after hitting the boardwalk on a warm, early spring Saturday afternoon. Great family restaurant that does everything as good if not better than the finest area restaurants. Their wait staff is always top notch, their menu is varied, and very upscale given that it gives off a general "diner" vibe. However, don't get the idea that this is any sort of Jersey diner that you may be used to. It does all this with prices that definitely do not gouge you or leave you hungry as if you paid more than what you end up getting. This place serves huge portions for not an equally huge price. We always leave stuffed to the gills and a bag full of leftovers. Tonight, that was 5 take home boxes.

I can't say enough good things about Windjammer. We head down to the shore all summer, and I was ecstatic when a restaurant of this type opened up just outside of Ocean City. Perfect spot to stop on your way in or out of town.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

My husband and I took our toddler grandson to the Windjammer after a fun afternoon at Cape May Zoo. The hostess and servers were so friendly and attentive - it made our dinner so pleasant. We ordered standard diner fare and the food was good too.