“Delish! Couldn't have been better...Artfully Prepared & Beautifully Presented...”
Review of Latz's By the Bay - CLOSED

Latz's By the Bay
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: New Jersey Avenue
Transit: Bus stops one block west at New Jersey Avenue and Shore Road
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We ate in the gorgeous garden outside. Service was attentive and polite and the food was to die for...I had a seafood soup in a non spicy tomato and crab base that was brimming with seafood. I could eat a another bowl now....She had the steamed clam appetizer which seemed to be steamed in white wine and butter, also delicious. We then split a plate of linguine in a basil sauce that was also wonderful and it was more than enough for two, For dessert we shared what was described as a Scottish traditional dessert..a piece of moist cake in a berry sauce with a bit of thick cream...also delightful. (The only complaint I might have was that it is a BYOB and the waiters were chucking the empty wine bottles into the trash at a bit of a distance, CLANK, CLANK... a bit jarring, broke the pleasant mood a bit. Mgmt should get them to stop doing that.)

1 Thank LOVEnLIVETOEAT

Lewiston, New York
“Really good food but the service and organization needs help”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I don't understand why this place -- which has two floors -- has big groups / parties on the first floor. Shouldn't these be on the second floor? I walked in and there was a large group that took up every inch of the place. It took a little while for someone to realize I was there and when I said I didn't need a menu 'cause I knew what I wanted (I was getting lunch to go), the manager / owner? said he'd send someone to take my order. He couldn't take it himself?

So I had to wait another couple of minutes for a server to take the order. Not a long wait but you know how it FEELS long when you're waiting? That's what this was like.

I then waited about 10 minutes for the sandwich I ordered. While waiting is annoying I understand that it's because the chef (who I know from his other restaurant) is actually MAKING the food so that didn't really bother me. And they did have this big party they were taking care of.

I ordered the Lobster Roll which came with Terra Chips (my favorite!). on sort of an oblong chiabatta style role. If you've never had lobster roll it's a Maine specialty and it's normally served on a very soft, hot dog style bun.

This was hands down the absolute best lobster roll I've EVER had anywhere. The dressing on the lobster salad was nice and light. Didn't overpower the lobster. The roll was soft enough -- I don't normally like chiabatta rolls 'cause the ones I've had have been way too chewy but this was just right.

Still....more roll than lobster...but I would definitely order it again. I'd ask them to hold the roll next time :-)

I'd give this place more stars just for the food but this was the second time I was there and it seems disorganized to me. The first time my husband and I were there and we actually left because the menu on the website was different from what they were serving. We went for lunch and all they were serving was crepes. My husband's not into crepes.

So I recommend this place because of the Chef. Chef Lou is just fantastic.

Palm Beach, Florida
“go at 8pm in season”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Really nice beach upscale restaurant. Very popular in Season. Go at 8pm to get a table and as that's when the noise starts to be reasonable. Had a delicious soup and then salmon Excellent. Nice, friendly staff.

Atlantic City, New Jersey
“One of the best meals ever!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband and I dined here for the first time two weeks ago and I have to say I can't wait to go back! Our meals were delicious, we literally cleaned our plates! The atmoshpere is simple but cute, the service was wonderful (our server's name was Shy and she was so pleasant and just the right mix of attentive but not overbearing), and the whole experience was just perfect from beginning to end. Definitely eat here if you are looking for a nice night with a delicious meal.

1 Thank fun2travel_11
Ocean City, New Jersey
“Good Vibe”
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Our waitress Was named Shy and she is anything but. This was one of the most fun dinner dates we have had in years. Thanks for making our wedding anniversary special. The food is very good with a limited menu. The seared rare tuna is top notch. Great crab cake and lobster salad appetizer too. We will be back

1 Thank OCJoe