“One of the best meals I had all summer!”
Review of Latz's By the Bay - CLOSED

Latz's By the Bay
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: New Jersey Avenue
Transit: Bus stops one block west at New Jersey Avenue and Shore Road
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I hesitate to write this review because I'm not sure how many people have discovered this place yet and it will become hard to get in to. We dined with a large group of 13 and everyone enjoyed their meal. I had the special, linguine with crab and my husband had the tuna,both prepared perfectly. So fresh and delicious! This was our second time there this summer. Going back again soon.

1  Thank Deaffy

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My first glance at the menu led me to believe that there would be nothing in this restaurant that I loved due to the slightly esoteric menu, but upon receiving my order, I enjoyed the most flavorful fish I have ever consumed. The rice was extremely tasty, and even the asparagus (prepared differently from my normal preferences) had a salty flavor that made it incredible. Even the appetizers/salads were astounding as they were drizzled in an incredible balsamic. Service was solid. Atmosphere was almost top of the line. Don't let the esoteric menu scare you away. According to other reviews, it appears they will adjust for children, which doesn't surprise me due to the friendliness of the owner and staff. Plus their specials seem kind of awesome. I cannot wait to go back.

They also have afternoon tea, and though I have not experienced this, the upstairs room has a beautiful set up for special occasions such as this.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Great little "BYOB" dinning inside or outside in the garden, delicious food and nice staff. Looking forward to returning in the near future. In addition they added tea and scones during the day for adult and etiquette tea for little girls. How wonderful to bring back a tea room, reminds me of John Wanamakers tea room in Philadelphia.

2  Thank veronica647
Reviewed July 8, 2013

They clearly try to make their food with a little special extra little care. You could see from their presentation and they seem to go out of the their way to put a little some EXTRA effort. hard to describe but it seems like they want u to notice your food rather than prepare and serve it and eat it.I liked that special attention to detail.

2  Thank Keppe67
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My sister and I were looking for new places to take the parents when we decided to try out Latz's By The Bay. I was tired of the burgers-and-pizza joints and just wanted something different.
What I found was a delightful menu of classics that you just don't find around South Jersey.
Classics like scones with clotted cream. Crepes, but not just the sweet dessert crepes but savory ones as well - mine was a lovely ham-and-cheese crepe. The soup of the day, a seafood chowder, had so much seafood in it I thought they should have charged me twice.
The venue, a converted house, was designed with warm neutrals, lovely window and fireplace moldings and fresh flowers everywhere. We were there for the lunch service, only to see a constant flow of people upstairs to the afternoon tea service.
Lunch was delicious but I have to come back for the tea.
I was looking for the 'rents, but this is a place for me and my sisters and the nieces!

I understand it is BYOB so if you want wine with your meal bring your own.
If you are happy with the tea menu, this is the place for you.

A special shout out to Craig, who shared how to make clotted cream and brought out a special confection meant for dinner which we just had to have for lunch.
The scones were still warm!

2  Thank Cailin56