“Worth the money” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Owl Motel and Suites

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Somers Point
Owl Motel and Suites
Ranked #2 of 2 Somers Point B&B and Inns
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
“Worth the money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Took a chance on this place, despite the bad reviews and was plesantly surprised. Good location, close to the beaches and the casinos. I stayed in an efficiency, and while admittedly yes it was outdated, it was very clean and cozy. The owners were very sweet, and let me have a late check out for no additonal fee. Only paid 45$ per night, and every other hotel in the area was at least double the price. Good value for the price, would stay again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank FamilySunNFun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Well for the most part this would be a great place to stay but the owner is something else.. its so outdated.. some thing broke in my room and its because it was old.. she blamed me and there after if something broke it was my
Fault. I could not believe it. She said its not old its brand new little does she know I take video before my first night.she would get over on you if she could.. I am sure does. she also believes that when two people talk they eaither want S or d and I was like really is that what people do when they converse? Any way its not worth her crazy I stayed for a few weeks and as soon as she told me not to talk to people I said no one will tell me what I can and who I can and can't talk to.. Its summer that's what people do make memories and have fun.. not sit and hidw ..

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank laurenharris206

Travelers are raving about these Somers Point hotels

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

Although we found the owners to be pleasant, the experience was mediocre at best. Towels were barely big enough to dry with, and there was this ghastly clunking sound that persisted all through the night about every two minutes. The bed was comfy and the A/C worked great (it almost drowned out the mystery noise ;-) I doubt we could have beaten the price -- $40 on a weeknight in May.

Room Tip: Find another motel in Somers Point.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank bodotummler
Sewell, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

The Owl Motel is the worst hotel anyone could ever stay at. Both owners are demented. Go figure, they are husband and wife. I bought two rooms for the night because the Econo Lodge sold out of rooms. I already had one room at the Econo Lodge for the night in which i stayed in with a few friends. I got the other two rooms for my other friends. When I checked in at the Owl Motel, something was wrong with the credit card machine. The owner took down my credit card information and my license and told me when I checked out i could sign for my credit card. I left for the night and slept at the Econo Lodge. Well....at 2:00 in the morning I got a phone call from the crazy lady owner telling me I needed to come back and sign the credit card slip. I explained to her that I was not coming back at 2:00 in the morning and that her husband told me I could sign in the morning. This woman kept me on the phone saying "umm, ummm, ummm for 15 minutes." I told her I was drinking and I refused to drink and drive and that she already had my credit card information so i couldn't understand what the problem was. I explained to her that at normal hotels they don't call people at such an hour and when you check out is when you sign the credit card slip anyway. We eventually hung up. About 10 minutes later, I received a phone call with a voice mail telling me I needed to come back to the hotel room and sign this slip because she was calling the cops. I called my friends and told them to use a different credit card. When i called the lady back she said that the cops were there and I was in big trouble. She dead bolted my friends rooms doors and took all of their possessions out of the rooms! I told this woman she was out of her mind and that she will refund all of my money. My friends ended up leaving and coming to stay at my room at the Econo Lodge. My other friend with the other key to the room wasn't back yet. She refused to refund my money until she came back to the room. When my friend came back to the room the lady wouldn't let her into the room. She told her all of her stuff was already out. My friend refused to leave without looking. Sure enough, the lady left half of my friends toiletries in the bath room. The woman ended up refunding all of my money. I am not quite sure what she gained from her absolutely insane behavior but I can tell you all something...... The rooms were disgusting, the service was outrageously horrible, there were bed bugs, and the people that own it have serious, serious mental problems. There were two cars in the parking lot all night and she ended up losing 240 dollars for not allowing us to stay. Oh and about the price, she told my friends that she charged my credit card 358.00 even though the rooms were 140 dollars each and I only bought two.! DO NOT EVER, EVER, EVER stay at the Owl Motel in Somers Point.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
8 Thank Alicia S
Sicklerville, New Jersey, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

Hotel is dirty, out dated, and extremely over priced. We were forced to use this place due to the other local hotels being over booked. The staff are among the lowest of the low, dirty disrespectful, and not English speaking. The hotel owner even took to the liberty to unlock the door and walk into the room at 2am while we were sleeping to wake us up because she wanted another signature for our credit card!!!! Paperwork normally reserved for check out! I was stark naked! When I furiously asked her to leave she called the cops. We packed up and left instantly! Please do not use this establishment for anything.

Room Tip: Stick to the larger chain hotel/motels at least with them there is a hierarchy of management to comp...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
#4 of 7 in Somers Point
No photo provided
Tavern on the Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Somers Point

Been to Owl Motel and Suites? Share your experiences!