“Overpriced, Overcrowded, Overdone”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Shore Rd
Description: BAIA offers a unique waterfront dining experience, featuring a creative Twisted Italian menu, exciting cocktails at our three bars and live entertainment 4 nights a week, all with a spectacular bay view! Offering an early dinner and late night menu, in addition to lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The principle staff consists of Ed Bonsignore, Jr. (Executive Chef and Owner of Samantha's in Jupiter, Florida) and Sean Weinberg (Executive Chef and Owner of Alba Restaurant in Malvern, Pennsylvania) combine their unique styles and flavors to create Baia Restaurant in Somers Point, New Jersey. Our synergistic and creative dining experience you will enjoy at Baia is based around an exceptional staff which will strive to provide the highest level of food and service to every guest. Baia is a great spot to have your next special event, dinner or luncheon, please contact the restaurant directly for large parties.
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Hit this for a special occasion, while visiting family, who have lived here for 50+ years. This location has always been great, but the current atmosphere is a bummer. Lots of rude vacationers with screaming, ill behaved kids, drinking way too much for their own good, and unsavory characters looking for nitelife. Can take all types on the beach, but in a restaurant, its just too much. Food was average....Service was good however, as our waitress was friendly and experienced but very overwhelmed. Food was ok, but overly priced. Avoid the crowds and recommend going in the off season.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

The patio was lovely, but the meal was overpriced for mediocre at best food. The, service was terrible, and kitchen/management problems were blamed on the servers. Not worth a visit.

Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful restaurant. Waiter, antony, I think, was obnoxious and loud.

Food was ok but extremely overpriced. Took a look long time.

Had two big flour balls in my clam chowder.

For the money...go to Charlie's or the anchorage.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

If your in Ocean City, NJ make the 10 minute trip over the bridge to Baia Restaurant. The food was delicious and the staff was very nice. My wife and I went here on a Tuesday night and we asked to sit outside on the deck. We overlooked the water with views of the bridge and boats passing.
The dinner started off by hot bread and a tasty oil/pepper dipping oil. The waiter was extremely helpful in the menu because my wife wanted to try something different. She tried the Grouper and he recommended a spicy sauce to go along with it. Because of this he has my wife hooked on Grouper. I tried the Veal with eggplant and fresh mozzarella with a marsala sauce. Delicious is the only way to describe it. The staff was courteous and friendly and when to come and ask if we needed anything else and when we needed time alone. A great restaurant and the owners should be proud. I will definitely visit here again when we come back to Ocean City, NJ.

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

This is a great location with wonderful water views.
We ate outside on deck attached to restaurant
Bread and salad were excellent however we both ordered the rib eye special- mistake! Ribeye was a big blob of Nonedible fat! Could not begin to it it! At the end of our dinner Our waitress asked us how our dinner was. We told her that it was very fatty and as a matter of fact I returned my entire piece of meat ..She was very sweet and asked is if we wanted something else. By that time it was 10 PM we got our check and left. Not sure I'll go back to this restaurant