“Very mediocre” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baia Restaurant

Baia Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 67 Restaurants in Somers Point
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Shore Rd
Description: BAIA offers a unique waterfront dining experience, featuring a creative Twisted Italian menu, exciting cocktails at our three bars and live entertainment 4 nights a week, all with a spectacular bay view! Offering an early dinner and late night menu, in addition to lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The principle staff consists of Ed Bonsignore, Jr. (Executive Chef and Owner of Samantha's in Jupiter, Florida) and Sean Weinberg (Executive Chef and Owner of Alba Restaurant in Malvern, Pennsylvania) combine their unique styles and flavors to create Baia Restaurant in Somers Point, New Jersey. Our synergistic and creative dining experience you will enjoy at Baia is based around an exceptional staff which will strive to provide the highest level of food and service to every guest. Baia is a great spot to have your next special event, dinner or luncheon, please contact the restaurant directly for large parties.
philadelphia
“Very mediocre”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

Service was poor and unattentive. The very was not any better. The waiter hardly ever came to our table. After our apps came I waited for someone to come to our table so I could get fresh dog round pepper for my salad. After 5 minutes a busboy came by. He came back with a broken pepper mill and put it on the table for me to do it.

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

“Dining ON the bay, with a choice of decks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Food was excellent. Service super-friendly and also excellent. The LOCATION was just what we felt like on a sunny afternoon.

Choices were a beautiful indoor dining room, a beautiful outdoor covered deck level, and a lower deck level with tables and umbrellas. ALL were easily accessible.

We chose the outdoor covered deck, but really felt we were right on the harbor/bay. It's level with the main dining room, adjacent to it thru a set of glass doors. The very well done overhead cover was just right to keep us out of the hot sun for our late lunch.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank paul621
Sterling, Virginia
“Mostly good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

Don't order the crab claws, they were frozen. But the drinks, green salad, and yellow tail snapper were very good. We got the tropical salsa on the side. It was wonderful.

• Visited July 2014
Ocean City, New Jersey
“Very expensive, great view, just ok food and service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Very expensive compaired to most of the other local restaurants. Great view overlooking the bay. Food was nothing special for the price. I had a frozen mango colada which was $10.50 which was good. The main complaint was my wifes dinner came out before her salad and my dinner came out about 7 minutes after her salad came out. The waitress came over and said that was not supposed to happen and apologized without either of us saying a word. Did not offer us anything nor did a manager come over. If not for the deck atmosphere I would take my business elsewhere.

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Dinner at Baia”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

The staff was very nice and prompt, I wanted to sit outside and was alittle upset they said inside was better as it was alittle windy that day, but there were other people outside eating so I was alittle dissappointed as my kids and I wanted to sit outside. THe food was ok but pricy I felt. Not bad but we wont return as I felt it wasnt kid friendly on the food selections

Visited March 2014